13: Joining The Team

Thea sat on her bed in her dorm room on campus and wrote in her journal. She wouldn't exactly call it a journal, but it contained her thoughts, so it was a journal after all.

Jesus Christ, what a night! As usual I thought "Nothing could possibly go wrong!", but my name is Thea Smith so I'm doomed to have something bad happen to me. I was on a date, no, well... meeting with Ethan and we were going to eat at a fancy restaurant, and me being so stupid, I forgot about my body and the long endless list of things my body rejects and attacks itself as soon as I consume one of these things. So we were sitting there, eating, and all of a sudden my body started to react to the food and my airways closed and I'm sure as hell that some part of my body was swollen to double the size, at least! And after that I don't remember anything, until I woke up in a hospital with Christina, Ethan, Heather and weirdly enough, Jackson. I left the hospital just moments later. My mom of course got mad and gave me a long lesson about taking care of myself through the phone on my way back, but here I am now, sitting, alone in my room. It all still feels like a blur, wish me luck (I need it).

Thea closed her journal and put it back into its place in the drawer. She threw a look at the time and saw that it was close to midnight, 11:44 pm to be exact. She yawned and crawled under the duvet, she fell asleep almost instantly.

Thea woke up from her alarm playing loudly in her room. She stretched out her hand to the nightstand table and turned the alarm off. She groaned and rubbed her eyes. She did her usual stretch, and it wasn't like in the movies, it was quite the opposite. She got up, still feeling tired and went to the bathroom. She looked into the mirror and saw the usual hair nest she had. She sighed and grabbed her comb, and then tried her best to tame it. When she was finally done with her hair she put on some of her most simple clothes and the same shoes as yesterday. She stuffed her backpack with her books, papers, pens and a water bottle. She opened the door, grabbed her wallet and the door key before exiting the room and locking the door. Thea managed to get lost once again as she walked through the corridors. After a few minutes of wandering, she finally got to the big exit of the dorms and walked another few minutes to get to the classrooms, ready to end the day already.

As each day passed, the school got smaller and smaller, Thea thought. She discovered new corridors, shortcuts, and classrooms and could easily navigate around the school. She now also knew that the different buildings were different areas for different subjects, as an example, science was two massive buildings, then there was a history one, a litterature one and so on.

Thea walked out through the doors of Miller's Hall and walked into the cafeteria only minutes away. As she suspected, a long and awkward silence occured as soon as she entered the room. Thea ignored them and went to order a cappuccino and a cheese and bacon sandwich. Behind her back she could hear the students whisper back and forth. "Be careful, she will spill her drink on you!" or it was "Seriously, is she not going to order anything else? Not even a two year-old would be full from that!". Thea gave the old lady behind the cash register the money and quickly grabbed her cappuccino and sandwich before she walked to the closest empty seat. She sat there and ate her breakfast. Her stomach had growled multiple times during the two lessons that she had been through. Thea made a mental note to go grocery shopping.

Thea could feel the burning stares and the loud whispers, so she hurried to finish her breakfast. When she was done with her breakfast she walked out to the lockers just outside the cafeteria and grabbed her books for the lesson. The school had done at least something right, they had placed lockers outside of the lunch room so students had more time to eat and rest before their next lessons. Thea was only steps from walking out of the building when something caught her eye and she stopped. She turned to her right and saw a map of the entire cafeteria, it was bigger than she thought. The layout of the cafeteria was pure genius so Thea took out her phone and took a picture of it so she wouldn't have to stumble around blindly, looking for the right food. With a satisifed smile she put her phone down and walked across campus to Rowling's Hall, the math building.