11: The Sauce Menu

"Uh... maybe I will," Thea said and smiled.

"Do you want some help with your things?" Ethan asked and ran his hand through his hair.

"I'm good," Thea declined as they both got out of the car. Thea opened the trunk and took out her things, one by one. She placed them on the ground and closed the trunk before Ethan locked his car with a single click. Thea attempted to pick up all her things, but dropped most of them after the first step.

"Are you sure you don't need help?" Ethan asked with a big grin. Thea rolled her eyes, but grinned back.

"Fine, my superhero, I'll have some help," Thea carefully placed down her things again. Ethan grabbed her box and Thea took the suitcase, and together they walked to her dorm room.

"Hey, Thea!" someone suddenly called out, Thea stopped mid-sentence in their conversation and looked up.

"Oh, hi Damon," Thea greeted the teacher back with a small smile.

"Hey, Mr. Miller!" Ethan enthusiastically greeted him.

"Nice to see you Ethan, how've you been, kid?" Damon, or Mr Miller, stepped forard to them dressed in joggers and a sweatshirt, Thea could tell he had just finished a training session.

"Great, sir, great. And you?" Ethan and Damon spoke as if they had known each other for years and years.

"Same old, same old. The team's not doing so well currently," Damon sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"You'll get back on track," Ethan smirked kindly.

"Yeah, if you join the team again we will," Ethan shook his head to that. "What about you then?" Damon suddenly turned to Thea, Thea had started to think that they had forgotten about her.

"What do you mean?" Thea asked with a confused look on her face.

"You did one of the best shots I've ever seen, care to join the team? With Jackson and the other boys?" Thea tensed slightly, but showed no other sign of affection.

"Isn't it a boys team?" Thea asked, but really, she just didn't want to join because of Jackson.

"For now, there are just boys, but it isn't officially a only boys team. I'd love to have you in the team," Damon smiled, a smile that brought Thea a weird amount of comfort.

"I'll think about it," Thea retorted.

"Alright, I have to rush to a meeting now, but I'll see you kids around. Stay safe!" Damon walked past them without another word and Thea and Ethan kept going down the hall without discussing the matter much more.

"We're here now," Thea said and pulled out her key. Thea unlocked the door and they quickly put her things down before walking back out into the hallway. Thea looked up and met his eyes, sensing the tingling feeling inside of her as he smiled at her. She smiled back, feeling her palms begin to sweat and she weirdly wanted to lean forward and kiss him. She had even started to slightly lean forward, but halfway she woke up from her daze and pulled back. Thea prayed that Ethan didn't notice that, she hoped that he only thought she was clumsy or was bad with the thing called balance.

"What are you doing for the rest of the day? I mean, you're not considering staying here all alone?" Ethan said, rubbed his neck and blushed lightly.

"Your guess is half correct actually. I am going to spend the rest of the day alone, but not here. I'm probably going to some fast food restaurant and then come. back here to do some homework. Only one week in and the homework is already piling up."

"I'm pretty sure I'm three quarters correct then," Ethan's smile grew which made Thea's heart flutter.

"Don't get too confident now," Thea warned him, but gave him a small smile.