43: The Ramen Battle

April 2nd

Hey stranger, it's been a while since we saw each other. I mean, I've looked at you but not just written anything, but nevertheless here I am. I was going to do it yesterday, but I refused to because of the fact that it was April 1st and you can't trust anyone on that day. NO ONE! Everything that Jackson said, I did not trust. I think I might've even doubted that his name was Jackson for a second. Speaking of Jackson, I now live with him. Yep, news flash, Jackson Meyers is my roommate. That is due to many reasons, but to mention the biggest ones: Ethan dumped me, Novelle hates me, I found my biological dad, Christina was the reason Damon Miller, my dad and the great basketball player, was never in my life until now. And lastly, because Maria Smith is dead.

Thea put the pen down and read her words quietly out loud. The reason to why she hadn't written 'my mom' was because Maria Smith was to Thea a whole other person and maybe, just maybe, Thea could handle the pain easier if she thought that it was another person and not the woman who birthed her.

"Thea, I'm going out, but I'll have my phone on," Jackson said and opened the door into her room. Thea covered her journal with a textbook quickly and looked at Jackson who was putting his jacket on. "Call me if anything happens."

"I will," Thea said and noticed the papers in his hands. Thea tried to read the front, but it was rolled up in his hand and he was constantly moving.

"Do you want me to bring back any food?" he asked and Thea sat quiet, thinking.

"No, but a few markers would be great," she answered and Jackson looked at her desk. Every single surface had either a paper or book on it, and it was a true mess. Jackson only shook his head before he left. Thea returned to her diary when she heard the door close and she tried to think of anything else to add, but her mind was blank and empty

Suddenly Thea felt empty and exhausted, but it wasn't a tired that sleep could cure. Thea sighed, closed her eyes and regret began to fill her up. She was a constantly empty battery, but the few times she got charged it wasn't with energy, instead now she ran on anger, regret and fear. Thea sat in silence with her thoughts, a dangerous move, and did nothing until Jackson got home a few hours later.

"Here are your markers," he said as he walked in without knocking. He stopped for a second when he saw Thea. He quietly placed the markers down and knelt down in front of her.

"You okay?" he asked and Thea nodded. "I got your markers for you, green and white. Just like your favorite book," he said and smiled.

"You can't see a white marker on white paper," Thea said and Jackson grinned. 

"Yeah, I figured that out and went back. I just bought a packet of four, now you have six," he said and gently stroked her cheek. "I know basic math, not too bad, eh?" Thea couldn't help but smile and pulled him into an embrace. "Thank you."

"Don't go sentimental on me now, I won't be able to handle it and think the world is going under," he said and chuckled.

"You're so stupid," Thea whispered and closed her eyes with her arms around his neck. "A good stupid."

They stayed in that position until Jackson's legs began to cramp. He fell back on his bum and started laughing with pauses to complain about the pain. Thea laughed along as he sat on the floor with legs in front of him and groaning in pain.

"It's not funny! Stop laughing and help me," Jackson said with a wide grin of his own.

"Then why are you smiling?" Thea asked and held her stomach.

"Because you're laughing," he answered and just like that, the cramps faded. Their moment of silence was interrupted by Jackson's phone. He pulled it out from his pocket and he looked weirdly at the screen before he answered.