4: Interrupting Teacher

"You simply just have to trust me," the girl answered and smiled. This girl was confident, so confident that Thea would trust her. Too confident to let Jackson control her.

"Trust is earned, I can't just give it to you," Thea continued to be on her guard as she spoke.

"But at least take these," she cooed and stretched out her hand where a pile of neatly folded clothes lied. Thea took them and unfolded them one by one. They all looked about her size.

"What's your name?" Thea asked and began to take off her clothes with her back to the girl.

''Heather, Heather Johnson," Heather answered.

"I'm-"

"Thea Smith. Everyone knows your name here, no need to introduce yourself. You're basically famous here," Heather said as Thea pulled the shirt down before she turned around with a frown.

"For what?" Thea slowly asked, unsure if she really wanted to know and started to dry her hair with some paper towels instead.

"For being the only person ever who has dared to do those sort of things to Jackson, to say those kinds of things to him. Most people here come from the same high school, the high school Jackson came from. Already there he proved himself to be the ruler and he wouldn't let anyone take that away from him. That has simply continued now."

"Wow, is he that selfish that he thinks he rules this school?" Thea muttered and threw away a pile of damp paper towels into the bin and grabbed a few more, and continued to dry her hair.

"He doesn't think that he rules the school, he does," Heather tried to correct Thea, but what she didn't know was that Thea would never ever accept him, or anyone else, as the rules-maker.

"Because you let him," Thea directly blamed them for what this campus had become, and gave up on her hair, instead she started to braid her hair.

"Everyone that has tried to even lower his status just a tiny bit failed and ended up miserable," Heather mentioned with a devastated look on her face.

"Then what are you doing here?" Thea asked and tied the end of her hair with a hair tie. Thea turned around to face Heather who had gone silent and was clearly questioning her own actions. "You don't have to do this, but I will. I don't care if I fail, I'll just get up again and try again until that guy falls."

"This is just your first day, and already you're more committed to the school than anyone here. Why?" Heather asked curiously and crossed her arms.

"Personal reasons," Thea mumbled and looked through her backpack, which was soaked too. Luckily she had no books or papers in there. The things inside was her own lunch, medicine, emergency medicine, wallet, phone, camera and headphones. The material of Thea's backpack was thick so none of her belongings had been destroyed, which gave Thea a huge wave of relief, especially about her camera.

"What is your plan?" Heather asked and let her arms fall to her sides instead.

"For now? I'm gonna stay low, and when I think the time is appropriate, I'll strike back," Thea shortly and with no details whatsoever explained. "You need to stay low too, pretend to be one of his marionettes again," Thea said with a smile as she swung her backpack on.

"I've never been one of his toys," Heather implied and looked down on her colorful shoes.

"Then again, you wouldn't know even if you were," Thea hinted before she left poor Heather to her own confusion and thoughts.

Thea took her books out from her locker and locked it again. I can't believe I have to pay for a locker here, isn't the school supposed to be mega-rich? She pulled her schedule out again and saw that she would be in 342. She made her way over, with people glancing at her everywhere she went. It was an unusual experience, but also unsettling.