Chapter 3

Monday morning...

Malar jerks awake when she hears the shrill noise of her phone ringing. Her hand reaches for her bedside table, fumbling before taking her phone and answering it.

"Hello?", she asks sleepily as she rubs her eyes.

"It's 8 in the morning, innum enna thukum?", she hears Anirudh's deep voice from the other end.

"Ahhhhhhh why are you calling me so early,paithiyam paithiyam.", she mumbles.

"Today is your first day of work remember. Get up and get ready."

This wakes her up and she sits straight, her brain alert now.

"Oh shit yes...nan yenga varanum?",Malar asks him.

"Yen studio. Do you know where it is?"

"Of course not."

"Ok then I will pick you up from your office.", Anirudh states before cutting the call.

Is he bipolar or something Malar wonders as she gets up from her bed and heads into the bathroom.

Half an hour later, she walks into the dining room greeting everybody.

"Dei anna, you have to drop me at my office today.", Malar tells her brother.

"Adhan veliya oru car nikkuthu le, athe eduthitu porathe.", Sakthi responds.

"Innaiku office la vela illa...I have to go to Anirudh's studio", Malar says before closing her eyes and sighing. Now she should explain it to her parents. She opens her eyes to see her parents and her brother staring at her like a ghost.

"Athu onnum illa weekdays la morning avlova vela irrukathu so I am needed elsewhere.", Malar says.

"Onnum prechana illela papa?", her dad asks her.

"No Appa, everything is fine.", Malar responds. Anirudh is harmless, pencil ku pant shirt pota mari irrukan avanala ethu panna mudiyadu.She thought to herself and laughed.

"Seri bye anna", Malar says as she gets out of the car and heads towards the office.

After wishing the watchman thatha she walks into the building. She reaches her cabin to see Anirudh sitting in her chair and spinning around like a child. She shakes her head with a smile at his childishness before entering.

"Good morning", she wishes him. As he stands, she notices him looking handsome in blue jeans and a white hoodie. She shakes her head clearing her thoughts.

"Morning.Kelambulama?I have a recording session today, seekarama studio ponum.", Anirudh states as he gets up.

"Just a minute, intha file a submit pannitu polam.", Malar says rummaging around her desk before finding the file.

She walks out of her cabin just in time to see Shwetha arrive.Shwetha seeing Anirudh and Malar together, grits her teeth before walking towards them.

"Hi Ani", Shwetha wishes him with a sweet smile. Malar snorts in amusement as Anirudh looks at her after acknowledging Shwetha.

"Yenna Ani bro unga girlfriendu ku orunga hi kooda solla matringala?", Malar asked as she smirked.

"Yedhu?En girlfrienda?", Anirudh asked confused as Shwetha turned as white as a ghost.

Controlling her chuckle Malar responded, "Ama nethiku ivanga dhan sonnaga you both are datingnu.."

Shwetha glared at her as Malar innocently blinked her eyes.

Anirudh looked over at Shwetha sharply with his eyebrow raised, "Is this true Shwetha?"

"Uhh n-n-no why would you think that? It's probably just a misunderstanding.", Shwetha stuttered.