Chapter 9

Ayira and Arjun stare at each other in shock.

Malar raises her eyebrows before asking, "You two know each other?"

Ayira's mind goes back to that night when she met Arjun.

*Flashback*

Ayira was standing alone at the bus stop, waiting for her driver to arrive. She was scrolling through her phone and looks up when she hears footsteps.

"Gowtham?", Ayira asks in shock and fear, "What do you want?"

"Yenna yen di vittutu pone?", Gowtham slurs.

Ayira sighs, he was drunk.

"Don't you dare come near me. Un mela restraining order irruku.", Ayira glared at him.

Gowtham stumbles forward before holding her wrist in a tight grip.

Ayira gasps as memories of that night filled her mind.

"Enna vidu da.", she says helplessly as she tries to remove her wrist from his grasp.

"Give me an answer. Why did you leave me?Huh?", Gowtham asks her.

"Dei you fucking abused me. Of course, I left you. Now leave my hand.", Ayira asks desperately as tears slowly form in her eyes.

Gowtham's hold tightens on her hand and he lifts his hand to slap her. Ayira flinches before looking away waiting for the slap to land. But it never does.

She looks up to see a hand holding Gowtham's arm. Ayira slowly looks up to see, a man with messy hair and stubble wearing a shirt with the top few buttons open. A hint of his chain peeked out from the top of his shirt. Ayira stood there frozen as she stared at him. Oh my god, it's freaking Arjun Das she thought to herself.

Arjun pushed Gautham away from Ayira before looking down at her to see her staring at him in shock. 

He gave her a slow smile before asking, "Is this guy someone you know?"

His deep voice sent a shiver down her spine as she shook her head, "No I don't know him."

Arjun glares at Gowtham, "Then I think you should leave."

Gowtham glares at Ayira, "Yaaru di ivan? Oh, pudhu boyfriend ah?You fucking bitc-"

Gautham was cut off mid-sentence as he felt a slap land on his cheek.

"Gautham this is the last time I'm warning you, don't you dare come in front of me again. You don't want to go to jail do you?", Ayira asked him.

Arjun smiled as he looked at her, damn she looks hot when she's angry. Arjun blinks when that thought crosses his mind. Dei Arjun, you need to stop, he says to his brain.

Gautham glared at Ayira once before walking away.

Ayira sighs and sits down on the bench feeling tiredness take a toll on her. She closed her eyes as silent tears rolled down her cheeks. Arjun said nothing but sat next to her close enough to make her feel safe but far enough so she doesn't feel uncomfortable.

Both of them said nothing, but Ayira was silently grateful for his presence. It made her feel safe and protected, a feeling she hadn't experienced in a long time after what Gowtham did to her.

Arjun breaks the silence by asking her, "Do you need me to drop you at your house?"

Ayira shakes her head, "Yen driver innum konjam nerathule varuvaru."