Chapter 28

Friday morning, Malar enters her house after packing her things from Ayira's place.

"Nan vandhuten", she exclaims.

Radhika hurries from the kitchen before taking her bags from her.

"Va di, edhavidhu sapudriya?", her mother asks.

"Na fresh ayitu varen, appa enga?", Malar asks looking around.

"Yedho vela vishiyama office poirikaru", her mother says.

Office ku edhuku ponaru, Malar thought to herself. Nan dhan avaruku update lam timeku panrene.

Malar walks up the stairs to her room. On the way, she peeks into Sakthi's room. As usual, the room was immaculate and Sakthi was nowhere to be found.

"Office office. Yeppa pathalum office", Malar mutters shaking her head.

Malar freshens up and walks down the stairs, just ok time to see her father enter the house.

"Appa", Malar yells running to hug him.

"Hi da chellam", her dad replies laughing at her enthusiasm.

"Ama neenge yethuku office ponninga? Nan dhan sonnele na ellathiyum pathukuren. Neenga retire aayidunga nu.", Malar scolds her dad with her hand son her hips.

"Illa da, romba naal achu adhan pake ponnen", her dad says.

"Seri idhe pathi pechu venam, vanga sapdalam.", Malar says.

(After all, readers ku Inga yenna nadakuthu nu confusing ah irukkum. Nan aprom solren 😁)

After breakfast, Malar bids her parents goodbye and drives to Anirudh's studio.

As she opens the door she sees Lakshmi inside talking to Anirudh.

"Aunty", Malar grins excitedly, walking over and giving her a hug.

"Uncle enga?", malar asks making Lakshmi pout.

"Avaru dhan un favourite ah?", Lakshmi asks narrowing her eyes at Malar.

"Adalam ille, neenga dhan yeppome best uh", Malar grins.

Anirudh sits near them, shaking his head, "Na oruthan inga irukenu kannuku theriyitha?"

"Aunty ippo ungalukku yaaro pesunadhu maari kettuchu?", Malar asks pretending to look around.

Lakshmi grins and plays along, "Illaiye, yen unakku yedhavidhu kettudha?"

Malar and Lakshmi look at each other and shrug.

Anirudh's jaw drops as he scoffs, "Wow, fine ok. Yenakku vela irukku na poren."

Malar giggles, while Lakshmi smiles shaking her head at her petulant son.

Ayira greets Arjun as she gets into his car, outside her college.

"Hey baby", Arjun greets her, smiling.

Ayira smiles shyly at the nickname and blushes making Arjun laugh.

"I love that you blush every time I call you that.', Arjun teases making Ayira narrow her eyes at him.

"Seri namba inniku enna panrom? Movie night?", Ayira asks with puppy eyes.

"If you look at me like that, how can I say no.", Arjun sighs defeatedly.

Ayira grins, "It always works."

Arjun looks at her with narrowed eyes, "Ay kd"

"Arjun seekram va padam start aaga podu", Ayira yells from the hall.

Arjun hurries from the kitchen, with a bowl of popcorn before sitting next to Ayira.

Ayira frowns when she sees the popcorn bowl between them. She moves the bowl before sliding closer to Arjun, and pulling his arms around her shoulder. Arjun pulls her closer, before grabbing popcorn from the bowl.

As they continue watching the movie, Arjun continues eating the popcorn. As he lifts his hand up to his mouth, Ayira grabs it brings it to her mouth and eats the popcorn.

"Dei yella popcorn um neeye sapdure? Yenakku kudu da", Ayira scolds him. Arjun laughs, feeding her the popcorn as she lets out an appreciative hum.

Arjun takes turns eating the popcorn and feeding it to Ayira. As he reaches back into the bowl he notices just one more left. He plans on silently eating it, only to be interrupted by a glaring Ayira.

"Yen turn dhana, yennaku koodu", Ayira demands.

"Mudiyadhu, its mine. Nan dhan adhan pathen", Arjun says shaking his head.

Arjun holds the popcorn far away from Ayira making her climb onto him.

"Kudu da", Ayira says reaching for the popcorn. She looks down to notice that she was completely laying on Arjun and their faces were so close.

Suddenly she gets a brilliant idea. She smirks silently, before leaning down and giving Arjun a quick kiss.

Arjun's eyes widen in shock and he freezes. Ayira uses this moment to snatch the popcorn from his hand and stuff it in her mouth. She then turns to continue watching the movie.

"Ippo yenna nadhandichu?", Arjun asks raising his eyebrows.

"I just ate the last popcorn", Ayira smirks triumphantly.

"Avlo dhan?", Arjun asks.

"Avlo dhan, vera yenna?", Ayira asks blinking innocently.

"Kd, irru varen", Arjun says before flipping her so that he was lying on her on the sofa. He starts tickling her, making Ayira burst out laughing.

"Dei vidu da, ah, sirichi sirichi vairu valikidhu", Ayira pants breathlessly.

"Yennaku pudicha madhri yedhavidhu pannu, na unna vidren", Arjun smirks.

Ayira sighs before holding his face and kissing his cheeks.

"Oi yennadu idhu?", Arjun asks annoyed.

"Kiss?", Ayira asks.

"Unna innaiku vide maaten", Arjun says before tickling her again, causing Ayira to start giggling.

Their entire evening is spent like that.

Sakthi enters his house after work.

He sees his sister in the living room, "Oi nee yeppa di vandha?"

"Kalaila.", Malar replies.

"Hmm. Fresh ayitu va, appa yedho sollanum ah", Malar says.

Sakthi nods before walking to his room.

When Sakthi walks back down, he notices his entire family sitting in the living room. He looks at Malar who is grinning like a fool, while his parents looked eager.

"Yenna pa achu?", Sakthi asks sitting beside his dad.

"Nalaiku, unakku ponnu paka porom", Sarath Kumar says.

Sakthi snaps his head to look at his dad in shock.

"Nalla ponnu da, unga appa oda childhood friend oda ponnu. Nalla samandham da", Radhika says smiling at her son.

Sakthi closes his eyes in anguish, he couldn't tell his parents about Sadhana now. But he didn't want to marry any other girl other than her. She was the one and only girl who left an impact on him after his past.

"Yenna da, yethathu problem ah?", Sarath Kumar asks worriedly.

Sakthi opens his eyes and forces a smile on his face. Yen appa laga panren he thought.

"Seri pa, nalaiku poi pakalam", Sakthi agrees.

Malar squeals in delight, "Finally, dei unakku nalla kalam poraka poguthu"

"Adinga", Sakthi says chasing behind her as Sarath Kumar laughs and Radhika laugh at Malar's dialogue.

***
So, will Sakthi get married to the girl of his father's choice or will he find Sadhana?
Continue reading to find out:)