Chapter 17

"Nee yen azhara? Edhume un thappu illaiye.", Anirudh asks with a sad smile.

More tears spill down Malar's cheeks as she hastily wipes them away.

"I'm sorry. Nan dhan thappu. Nan appidi sollirka koodadhu.", Malar whispered looking at him.

"No no, you were correct. I am just your boss, nothing more nothing less. Nan dhan thappu.Unnoda character pathi kooda na apdi pesirka koodhadhu.It was wrong. I'm sorry", Anirudh says shaking his head.

Malar gasped at the self-deprecating way he was talking. She throws herself at him, hugging him tightly. She buries her face in his shoulder as she cried.

"You mean so much more to me than just my boss. Nan kovathula mattum dhan sonnen, adhe thavira I never meant anything hurtful I said.", Malar sobbed hugging him tighter.

Anirudh closed his eyes tightly hugging her back. Neither of them realized how much they needed this.

"I talked to Atharvaa", Malar says her voice muffled in his shoulder. Malar felt his body go rigid at the mention of Atharvaa's name.

"He asked me out for coffee again", Malar says. Anirudh pulls away from the hug looking at her face and trying to gauge her reaction.

"He made fun of you too, that fucking bastard!", Malar muttered causing Anirudh's eyes to widen in surprise before he lets out a chuckle. "Of course, I told him I was busy blah blah blah."

"I'm sorry, ninge yedhavidhu reason kaga dhan avan mela kovam patting nu ennaku theriyathu. I just thought you were rude. I'm really sorry.", Malar apologises looking down.

Anirudh lifts her chin, looking into her eyes.

"It's really okay. I'm fine now.", Anirudh gives her a weak smile.

"Of course, you are not alright. What's bothering you?", Malar asks looking at him with narrowed eyes.

"You asked me right what is the relation between me and Atharvaa. Andrea cheated on me with him.", Anirudh says it so calmly as if it's nothing.

Malar's eyes widen in shock and she gasps and holds Anirudh's hand.

"That Andrea?The one you were dating? Did she cheat on you? You?!", Malar asked stunned.

"It wasn't her fault. Atharvaa went after her because he had a grudge against me. And I'm guessing it still didn't stop, considering how he is coming after you now.", Anirudh sighed as he tightened his hold on Malar's hand.

"Uh-huh, no way. I'll wring his scrawny neck the next time I see him.", Malar mutters fumbling to take out her phone from her bag. She then proceeds to delete his contact from her phone.

Anirudh laughs before continuing his story, "Calm down woman. Let's hope we don't see him again.Ok so Atharvaa was a womaniser.He flirted with girls ranging from make-up artists to famous actresses.So namba Nelson ji vandhu, Atharvaa ve our movie hero ah choose panirndharu. He came and asked me what kind of a person Atharvaa was. Na unmai ah sonnen.So Nelson refused to take Atharvaa and adhu oru rumour maari creat achu. Atharvaa found out it was me and he started flirting with Andrea and got closer to her. She never listened to me every time I warned her. So oru naal an ava veetuku poirundha modhu, I caught her cheating on me. Ava neraiya reason sonna, she fell out of love adhu idhu nu. But cheating is cheating so I broke up with her. Naanga break up anna one week le, Atharvaa left her too."

Malar leaned her head against his shoulder, as she heard about his past.

"Andrea had it harder, didn't she?", Malar asked.

Anirudh nodded," After that ava abroad poita. I got over loving her, but never the betrayal. She was never the problem. It was always Atharvaa."

Malar says lifting their interlocked hands, "We'll find a way to solve it-"

She was cut off by the door opening. Anirudh and Malar look up to see Lakshmi standing with a plate of food.

"Ayo disturb pannitena, neenga rendu perum continue pannunga.Na poren", Lakshmi leaves giving one last smirk.

Malar and Anirudh spring away from each other once they realize their intimate position.Malar blushes before looking around the room to distract herself.

She immediately gets distracted and says, "Wow your room is so cool."

She walks to the awards arranged on the glass mantel. 

She goes through every single award before saying, "wow nee semma talented."

"Adhu ippe dhan therinjitha?", Anirudh smirked.

Malar said nothing but smiled happily as the old Anirudh was returning. She then walks to the piano pushed to the corner of the room, running her hand through the keys. She looks back at Anirudh who was staring at her with a smile.

"You do realize, an our appavai paiyan and nee our ponnu and namba thaniya yen room le irrukon", Anirudh smirks at Malar.

"Yaarupa andha appavi paiyan", Malar says before pretending to search for him.

Anirudh glares at her before slowly walking towards her.

"Ayy yenna panre?", Malar asks as she walks backwards.

Anirudh smirks but doesn't say anything.

Malar's back hit the wall and her eyes widen in panic, "dei kitte varadhe."

Anirudh walked to her backing her against the wall, caging her in with both his hand.

"Idhu our appavi paiyan pandre velaiy", Malar asks.

Anirudh shruggs, "nan dhan appavi paiyan illaiya"

Anirudh looks down at her taking in her flushed face, wide eyes and slightly parted lips. The sudden urge to kiss her suddenly hit him, as Malar blinked up at him.

He leaned closer and smiled to himself seeing Malar close her eyes tightly. He observed her face for a few seconds before pulling back. Malar slowly opens her eyes to see Anirudh has moved back.

"What did you think I was going to do?", Anirudh asked with a sly smile.

"M-me? N-nothing.", Malar stuttered and huffed when he started laughing.

"Dei-", Malar glares at him before hitting him on his arm.

"Ouch valikidhu di", Anirudh rubs his arm.

"Valikattum", Malar says before continuing to hit him.

The door to his room opens again and Lakshmi walks in.

"Ninge rendu perum sapda varingala?", Lakshmi asks. She notices their posture and smiles shaking her head.

"Mummy, save me.Ava yenna adikira", Anirudh says running to his mom.

"Nee yenna da panna", his mother asked with raised eyebrows.

"Apdi kelunga aunty. Sir enna paninga nu unga amma kitta sollunge", Malar says smirking at Anirudh.

"A-amma y-yennaku pasikidhu, nan keela poren", Anirudh says before rushing out.

Malar bursts out laughing, while his mother smiles fondly at the both of them.

Lakshmi suddenly hugs Malar, "Thank you ma, nee illana nan yenna panirpeno."

Malar smiled hugging her tightly, "Adha lam onnum ille aunty."

"Amma pasikidhu", Anirudh shouts from below making both the women shake their heads before walking down.

***

Happy reading guys<3