Chapter 5

The next morning, Anirudh wakes up to find a message from Malar.

Pick me up from where you dropped me off last night.

He smiles a little shaking his head at her authoritative tone, before walking into the bathroom to get ready

***

"Bye di", Malar yells to Ayira as she walks down the pathway to get into Anirudh's car.

She settles in her seat before turning to look at Anirudh who appeared nervous. He starts driving and soon they reach his studio.He stops the car and Malar looks at him expectantly.

"I'm sorry", he confesses looking down."It was rude of me to behave like that and unnaku andha reason kuda theriyathu."

"Yaaru sonna ennaku theriyathu nu?", Malar smirked.

Anirudh snapped his head up to look at her his eyes wide. He looked so cute with that face, Malar thought smiling to herself.

"Ama nethiku, who did you think I was talking to on the phone?", Malar asked him with raised eyebrows.

Anirudh gulped before shrugging, "I-i-i don't know".

"Oh really?", Malar asked. Anirudh nods.

"It was my boyfriend.", Malar states looking at him.

"What?", Anirudh bursts out his knuckles whitening as they tighten on the steering wheel.

Malar sighs before speaking," It was my best friend Ayira."

Anirudh looks at her with wide eyes before looking away in embarrassment.

"Were you jealous?", Malar smirks at him.

Anirudh scoffs, "Definitely not"

"Whatever you say.", Malar continues smirking at him before getting out of the car.

Anirudh glares at her through his car window before getting out.

Malar walks into Anirudh's studio to see Nelson and Sivakarthikeyan there.

Malar smiles and greets Nelson before introducing herself to SK.

"Hi sir, I'm Malar."

"Neenga dhana andha pudhu assistantu?", SK asks.

"Ama sir", Malar responds.

"Sir la vena ma", SK says.

"Appe anna ok va?", she asks smiling. Sk laughs before agreeing.

"Appo naanu?", Nelson asks.

"Ninge eppovume 'ji' dhan Nelson", Sk teases him.

"Ninglum anna dhan", Malar says laughing at Nelson's annoyed expression.

Anirudh walks in and is surprised to see the three of them getting along really well.

"Itho vantaru paaru moonavidu annan", Nelson says referring to Anirudh

Sk and Malar burst out laughing while Anirudh looks confused.

"Yaaruku anna?", he asks.

"Tho namma thangachi ku", Sk says pointing at Malar.

Malar controls her laugh as she sees Anirudh look horrified for a second before he realizes the joke and glares at Nelson. 

"Yenna kindle pannalena porukadhe" Anirudh mutters under his breath before stalking into this studio. The other three exchanged amused glances before following him.