Chapter 23

"Wow, don't you guys look cosy?", Atharvaa comments with raised brows.

Anirudh sighs, "What do you people want?"

Malar hits his arm and tells him to be more polite, making him roll his eyes.

Shruti glares at Malar for being so close to Anirudh.

"Naanga rendu perum, onna nadikurom, theriyathu?", Shruti asks with a disdainful look.

"Ille, naanga mugam theriyatha heroines oda padam lam pakarudhu ille", Malar says smiling at Shruti.

"Yenna sonne", Shruti tries to move forward, but she's held back by Atharvaa.

"Paatu finished nu Mani sir sonnaru, adhe keka vandhom.", Atharvaa says. 

Anirudh nods before he goes to his recording station and hands headphones to Atharvaa and Shruti.
He plays the tune and they hear it.

"Wow this is so good", Shruti comments.

"So we can confirm this tune?", Anirudh asks bored.

Atharvaa nods, "Yeah"

Anirudh sits down and transfers the song to a pen drive.

In the meanwhile, Atharvaa walks towards Malar.

"Hey, Nan unakku neraiya vaati message panne, but no response", Atharvaa says standing too close to her.

Malar moves away before saying, "Nan busy ah irrunde."

"What about now?", Atharvaa asks with what he thinks is a charming grin, but Malar found it leery.

Anirudh comes from nowhere and pulls Malar towards him by holding her waist. Malar gasps at the sudden movement and glares at Anirudh.

"Bayanthuten da", Malar says to Anirudh who is looking intently at Atharvaa.

"Ava engayum vara maata", Anirudh says firmly.

Atharva smirks, "Atha nee solathe, Ava solatum."

"No no, he's correct, nan engayum vara maaten", Malar says.

The smirk on Atharvaa's face falls as he looks bewildered.

"But why? Nan avana vida 100 times better. Why does everyone choose him and not me?", Atharvaa bursts out before he looks frightened

"Wow, that's childhood trauma right there. Inferiority complex huh?", Malar asks.

Atharvaa glares at both of them before stomping out.

Anirudh starts laughing, "Inferiority complex ah?"

"His hate for you runs deeper than this. Andha Andrea matter nadaka modhu, it seriously affected Atharvaa. Ippo varaikum he has held on to the same anger and bitterness.", Malar tells thoughtfully.

"Wow, doctor madam not bad", Anirudh teases.

Both of them don't realise Shruti is still in the room, until she walks up to Anirudh and tries to link her arms with his. Malar pulls Anirudh away using his hand that was still on her waist.

"What do you want now?", Anirudh asks.

Shruti bites her lip before demanding, "Take me out on a date."

Malar snorts, while Anirudh asks incredulously, "What? Have I ever given you even the slightest impression that I am interested in you?"

"No, but I'm Shruti duh", she says putting her hand on her hips.

"Yes I know you are Shruti and now I'd like you to leave", Anirudh says.

Shruti's eyes widen in shock, "You are rejecting me?"