Chapter 8

Malar looks at Anirudh with wide eyes, before schooling her expression into a poker face. She clenches her hand so hard that she is pretty sure she left crescent-shaped nail marks on her hand.

Anirudh smirks at her internal struggle before continuing what he was saying, "-but I am not free right now."

Shruti pouts, "But your schedule is always free on Wednesdays."

Malar continues standing there with an expressionless face, but her inner turmoil made it hard for her to stay calm.

"I have something to do. That's all Shruti.", Anirudh says curtly.

Shruti pouts more and goes to touch his arm. Anirudh moves out of reach before shouting, "Lina!"

Lina hurries into the room and Anirudh says, "Please escort her back to her car."

Shruti glares at Malar before stalking away. Malar lets out a sigh of relief when she finally leaves the room. However, her eyes open in shock when she feels long fingers release her clenched hands.

"You're going to hurt yourself.", he whispers looking down to see nail marks on her hands.

Malar looks up to see his face very close to her. They both seem to be lost in each other's eyes until Malar gets back to her senses and pushes him away. She glares at him, crossing her arms over her chest.

Anirudh laughs at her cute position, "Why are you, angry darling?"

Malar glares at him, "Don't you dare call me that." She turns away from him, picking up her bag.

"Since today is your OFF DAY, bye I 'm going back home.", Malar says before turning away from him.

She gasps when he catches ahold of her wrist and pulls her back to him. Their chest almost touches as Malar takes in a slow breath. Anirudh looks down to see her flushed face.

"You know I wouldn't have gone with her right?", Anirudh asked looking at Malar.

Malar shrugged, "I don't know, how will I know?"

Anirudh narrowed his eyes, "So you weren't jealous?"

Malar gave him a bored expression, "Naana?Nan yedhuku jealous aga pore?"

Anirudh lets out a frustrated breath making Malar smirk.

"If you accept that you were jealous, then maybe I'll tell you.", Malar smiled slyly.

Anirudh glares at her infuriating behavior. Suddenly Malar's stomach grumbles, making Anirudh chuckle.

She pouts at him, "Nan kalaila irundhu edume sapdale theriyuma?"

"Apdina ena busyah irunde?", Anirudh asks worriedly.

Malar rolls her eyes, "Adha inge vandhe le.Time wasteuh."

Anirudh holds her hand and drags her out to his car.

"Vaa we will go have lunch.", he says.

"But where?", Malar furrowed her eyebrows, "Won't people take pictures and stuff?Aprom nalaike headlines le varum, Anirudh on a date with a mysterious girl."

Anirudh smirked, "Avunga news podunuma illae unakku venuma?"

Malar rolls her eyes, "Oh please, ennaku endha headline venum na, Mysterious girl forced to work with Anirudh as her assistant."

Anirudh scoffed, "Nan yedhum force panela.Ippo venum na kude you can go back to working at your office." Kadavule ava no sollnu Anirudh hoped in his mind.