Chapter 40

"Neenga yeppo vandhinga?", Malar asks Ayira's parents.

"Dho ippo dhan, Yenna Malar yeppadi irruka? Andha office le innum employee ah dhan vela seiriya", Savitha(Ayira's mom) asks in a condescending tone.

"Amma", Ayira says outraged.

Malar smirks, "Actually aunty nan andha company oda CEO"

Arjun gives Anirudh a surprised glance and Anirudh snickers and nods.

Savitha Aunty gasps, "oh apdiya"

Kumar whispers to his wife to shut up and not embarrass herself further.

"Ayira, nanga yedhuku vanthirukom na, unakku mapla pathirikom.",Kumar uncle says.

Ayira's fury rises as she glares at her parents ready to launch into am argument. Arjun holds her back when her mother speaks again.

"Adhu yaaru ma, un boyfriend ah?", Savitha asks again itching to embarrass Malar.

Anirudh who was standing in the corner quiely steps front making the older couple stare in shock.

"Aunty uncle, na Anirudh. Malar oda boyfriend. Adhu Arjun Ayira oda boyfriend.", Anirudh says.

"So, you see I have someone I love. Na neenga pakura mappillai ah paka koodha matten. Apdiye na arrange marriage pannalum, neenga pakura mappillai ah sathiyama kalyana pannika maaten. Yaaru neenga yennaku? Chinna vaiyasu le irunthu yen kooda irunthu yenna valathingala? Apdiye dhane vitutu ponninga. Unga savagasame venam nu dhan na thaniye yen veetule irruken. Neenga sudden ah vandha yedum maara poradhu ille.", Ayira says not even feeling bad for talking to her parents like this.

She had lost all the love she had for them, when they continuously hurt her by leaving her alone. Now all that was left was anger. She hated that they can just pop back into her life and instruct her to do something.

"Nanga un nalladiku dhana ma solrom", Savitha says trying to be emotional.

Ayira rolls her eyes, "Romba nadikadha ma", making Anirudh, Malar and Arjun control their laugh.

"Neenge yenniku yennaku nalladhu, pannirkinga. Nee panna ore oru good thing, yenna padikla vechadhu. Avlo dhan. Ippo kelamburingala.Naangalam veliya ponom.", Ayira says.

"Ama unga relationship lam pathi matha avangaluku theriyuma? Illa secret ah?", Savitha asks with a cruel twinkle in her eye.

Ayira and Malar exchange worried glances, but Anirudh and Arjun laugh.

"Aunty, ungalala proof illame yethum panna mudiyadu. Idhukunu both of us have a PR team also.", Arjun says.

" Adhu maatum ille, neenge yedhavidhu information sonninga, we'll hit you with a defamation suit. Aprom indha vaiyasana kalathula court jail nu ponuma?", Anirudh asks.

Savitha's face turns white, as her husband glares at her.

"Aunty uncle neenga kelambura time vandhiduchu", Malar smiles sweetly.

The elder people glare at Ayira and Malar before walking out with their head held high.

Ayira sits on the sofa, sighing.

Arjun sits beside her massaging her shoulders as he slowly talks to her and comforts her.

"Veliya poradhe, cancel pannikalama?", Anirudh asks.

Ayira shakes her head, "Yennala cancel panna venam-"

"Apo veetle ye yedhavidhu panlama?", Malar suggests.

They agree and decide to watch a movie.

Malar drags Anirudh to the kitchen, "Va, we'll make popcorn."