Chapter 41

Sunday morning, Sakthi and Sadhana stated that they had something important to tell their families. So both families decided to meet up in a restaurant for brunch.

Malar walks down the stairs with Sakthi pestering him to tell her what the problem was.

"Dei anna, yenna da important matter?", Malar whines.

Sakthi shakes his head, "Adhan konja nerathula meet panrom le, appo therinjiko."

Malar hits his arm before stomping away. Malar walks to the balcony before sitting on the swing and dialling Anirudh.

"Hey baby", Anirudh greets her sleepily. Malar blushes at the way he said her nickname with his husky morning voice.

"Innum yenna thookum?", Malar asks pushing away her thoughts.

"It's Sunday. Of course, I will sleep in", Anirudh whines.

"Hmm", Malar says silently.

Anirudh notes the change in her tone and immediately asks, " Malar are you okay? Voice yen apdi irruku?"

Malar smiles at his worried tone, "Onnum ille da, innaiku yen family and Sadhana oda family meet panrom. Sakthi and Sadhana have something important to tell. Adhan yenna va irrukom nu think panren."

"Nee romba overthink pannadha, it won't be some bad news", Anirudh tells her.

"Hmm seri", Malar says.

"Oru nimisham hold le iru, yennaku oru call varudhu", Anirudh says before putting her on hold.

Malar absentmindedly swings for a few minutes before she hears his voice again.

"Innaiku studio ku ponom, evening", Anirudh sighs.

"Sunday le yaaru?", Malar asks.

"I don't know, avanga manager dhan call pannanga. She won't tell me who it is. Ana yedho padathiku pattu padnuma, so some singer is coming.", Anirudh says.

"What? Yaaru varanga kooda solla maatangala?", Malar asks frowning.

"Anyways, neeyum yen kooda vara", Anirudh says, "Vena bring some files and work on it, but I can't go alone."

Malar laughs, "Seri da."

An hour later, the entire family was sitting in a restaurant as Sakthi and Sadhana say they want to convey something important.

"Naanga yenna decide pannirkom na", Sakthi says letting Sadhana continue.

"Yengaluku ippo marriage venam.", Sadhana finishes and simultaneously they hear multiple gasps.

"Yen di?", Radha asks her daughter.

"Amma, we want more time to spend with each other. Oru 1 year ku aprom naanga kalyanam pannipom.", Sadhana says.

Sakthi nods, "Ama aunty, naanga meet panni romba naal agale, and we want to be sure of everything before we get married."

Sarath Kumar and Krishna nod in agreement.

"At the end of the day ithu unga decision pa, so naanga onnum force panna maatum.", Sarath Kumar says.

"Ana unga kalyanatha naanga ippove plan panna arambichiduvom", Radhika says crossing her arms.

Sadhana laughs, "Yengaluku yendha problem um ille aunty."

Sakthi nudges his sister who was sitting quietly beside him, "Oii yenna di? Silent ah okkanduruke?"

Malar pouts, "Yen yen kitta modhale sollale?"

Sakthi laughs, "You already had your problems di, adhan."