Epilogue 2

*A few more months later*

Anirudh sits in front of the fire, while the iyer sits beside him chatting mantras. All around the mandapam, people are laughing and chatting.

Anirudh doesn't focus on all this, he was waiting for the moment when Malar would finally sit next to him. And finally, after today, she's going to be my wife and that thought bought a grin on his face.

"Yen da machan paithiyam madhri sirikura?", Arjun whispers from behind.

Anirudh clears his throat, "Dei yen da, last month unakku achu le. Appo ne yepdi siriche. Po da dei."

Anirudh's head snaps to the front when he hears the iyer say, "Ponna azhachitu vango."

Anirudh's eyes widen, when he sees Malar walking up to him, wearing a beautiful red and green saree. Ayira and Sadhana stand next to her helping her climb up the stage.

Malar sits next to Anirudh giving him a smile, "Hello soon-to-be husband."

Anirudh's eyebrows raise in surprise, "Yenga irundhu varudhu indha dhairiyam?"

Malar scoffs under her breath, "Please, I was always bold. From the moment I met you."

"Adhu yenamo unma dhan, but innaiku night ipdi irrukiya nu pakalam.", Anirudh smirks and whispers to her.

Malar blushes hitting him slightly, "Chi po da. Yeppa pathalum budhi angaye podhu."

"Pesunadalam podhu, thaali ah kaatunga", the iyer says handing the chain to Anirudh.

Anirudh ties it around her neck, as the music reaches the crescendo and people throw rice and flowers.

That night, Malar walks into the room tiredly carrying a glass of milk. She sees Anirudh sitting on the bed scrolling through his phone.

She smiles and walks to him, giving him a quick kiss before handing him the glass of milk.

Anirudh looks up at her and frowns when he sees her tired smile.

"Poi dress mathiko", Anirudh says after he finishes drinking the milk.

Malar nods walking over to the bathroom with her change of clothes.

She emerges from the bathroom, wearing casual clothes before sitting on the bed with a tired sigh.

She looks at Anirudh expectantly who looks back at her.

"Thoongalama?", Anirudh asks suddenly.

Malar's face lights up as she looks at him, "Nejama? You aren't going to do anything to me?"

Anirudh snickers, "Yen di apdi solre? Nambaliku neraiya time irruku anyways. And kanna moodna odane nee thoongare madhri irruke."

Malar grins hugging him tightly, making him fall back on the bed laughing, "I love you."

He smiles, "I love you too. Innaiku nalla thoogiko, nallaiku unnale nenaichalum mudiyadhu."

"Yellam pechu mattum dhan, cha", Malar shakes her head as she lies down next to him.

"Yedhu?", Anirudh asks as he props up his head on his pillow.

Malar blinks up at him innocently, "Nan yedhume sollalaiye."

Anirudh smirks at her, making Malar confused before she finally understands his intentions.

Anirudh starts tickling her making her gasp and start laughing.

"Dei vidu da", Malar complains laughing uncontrollably.

"Appo, repeat after me- Na yen husband ah tease panna maaten.", Anirudh says.

"Yedhu, adhalam mudiyadu", Malar says making Anirudh tickle her more.

"Sollu di", Anirudh says.

"Seri seri solren, Na yen husband ah tease panna maaten", Malar finally says it.

Anirudh grins triumphantly as he lies back down.

"'Dei, yennaku thookame poiduchu", Malar whines turning to him.

"Oh appo namba velaiya continue panlama?", Anirudh smirks as he tries to hover above her.

"Ah yennaku romba thookam varudhu", Malar says faking her yawn as she closes her eyes immediately going to sleep.

Anirudh hugs her pulling her closer to him, "Iru di nalaiku mattamala pove."

Malar giggles silently as she sleepily kisses him on the cheek, "Good night."

Anirudh says nothing as he sighs happily, pulling her closer to him before closing his eyes.

***

So guys this is the last part of the book. I'm sorry it's so short.

Hope you enjoy it!!