Chapter 14

Malar stared at Anirudh shocked at the fury on his face.

"Hey cool man", Atharvaa said before turning to Malar.

"Hi pretty lady, so you are his new assistant?", Atharvaa asked her.

Malar nodded and introduced herself, "Hello sir, I am Malar."

He gives her a sexy grin shaking her hand, "Sweet name"

Malar raises her eyebrows at him before walking to Anirudh and whispering to him, "Are you okay?Yenna kovam?"

Anirudh just shakes his head before walking to the corner of the room and calling Mani Ratnam sir again.

"Sir, do I really have to do this?", Anirudh asks pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Ani, Unga past pathilam yenaku kavale illai, but I want your music.Yenakaga pannunga.", he replied.

"Seri ok sir", Anirudh says before cutting the phone.

He turns around to see Malar laughing at something Atharvaa said. He clenches his fist and closes his eyes in anger feeling as if his entire past is playing out in front of him again.

"Malar, him and me we need to talk.Alone.", Anirudh says trying too hard not to show anger at Malar.

Malar nodded in understanding before walking over to the far side of the room.

"Will you listen to the tune and then go away?", Anirudh asks.

"Ana yen? Namba romba naal kalichi meet panirukum, we'll go out for a coffee or smtg.Oh and bring your lovely assistant along.", Atharvaa says before looking over to Malar and observing her.

Malar oblivious to what's happening continues reading her book.

Anirudh glares at Atharvaa, "What do you want with her?Un prechanai yen kite dhan ne?"

"She's beautiful, vera yenna venum?", Atharvaa asked.

"Ava kita pogathe, don't you dare.", Anirudh warned him.

"Adha nee soladha.Seri tune ah kekalama?", Atharvaa asked him scornfully.

Anirudh said nothing as both of them walked toward his recording station. Atharvaa listens to it before looking at Anirudh appreciatively.

"Not bad, Nalla dhan irruku", Atharva says.

Anirudh scoff, "of course nalla dhan irukkum.I didn't know I was making it for you after all."

Atharva tuts and asks, "Why this hostility? Anyways tune ok. So can we go out now? Just to catch up?"

Anirudh glares at him, "No thank you."

Malar walks over to them inquiring if everything is finished.

"Hey Malar, Ask your boss if we can all go out for coffee.", Atharva says roping Malar into the conversation.

Malar's eyes light up, "Yes, of course, Enakku inga bore adikudhu.Anirudh come on, jolly ah irukkum."

Anirudh scoffs but has no choice but to agree since he couldn't let Malar go all alone with an asshole like Atharvaa.

They reach the coffee shop and they choose a quiet table tucked into the corner.

Atharva gestures to Malar to sit beside him, who promptly ignores him before sliding in next to Anirudh.

Anirudh smiled under his breath shaking his head amused.

"What? I don't just sit with random people.", Malar whispers to Anirudh.