Chapter 42

"What are you doing here? When did you return from the UK?", Anirudh asks, as he loosens his hold on Malar before lacing their fingers together.

Andrea stares shocked at their linked hands.

"Do you want anything to drink? Coffee or tea?", Malar asks smiling at her.

Andrea glares at her, "Who are you and why are you holding his hand?"

Malar's eyes widen in surprise, as she grips Anirudh's hand tighter.

"She's my girlfriend.", Anirudh says glaring at Andrea.

"What? That cannot be possible.", Andrea says walking to them before trying to push Malar away.

"Ay, what are you trying to do", Anirudh asks shocked as he protectively pushes Malar behind him.

Andrea holds Anirudh's hand before asking, "Nee yennaku dhane wait pannirkanum. Yennala unna marrakke mudiyale da. UK le therapy ku aprom, inga yevlo asai oda vandhe"

Anirudh scoffs in disbelieve, "Nee nejamale therapy ku dhan poniya? Ille yennaku puriyale. Why are you still behaving like this?"

Andrea gasps, "Yenna da sonna?"

"Pinna yenna? You are the one who took all the bad decisions, despite my warning. You are the one who fell out of love and cheated on me with someone like Atharvaa.", Anirudh argues back.

"Andha thappu kaga, na yevlo azhudiruken theriyuma? I hated myself for hurting you", Andrea says tears falling from her eyes.

"Dei, calm down", Malar pulls him to her, rubbing his back.

"But baby, she's taking nonsense-", Anirudh starts, while Malar shushes him.

"Baby? You remember you used to call me baby?", Andrea smirks trying to make Malar jealous.

"I never called you baby, I only ever used your name.", Anirudh says rolling his eyes, making Andrea's smile drop.

"Ani nee yennaku venum da. Please. I can't live without you.", Andrea says desperately.

Anirudh sighs, "Look Andrea, I have forgiven you for what you did. Yennaku theriyum it was all Atharvaa's manipulation and I never blamed you for it. But I don't love you. It stopped the minute I saw you with him."

Andrea cries harder, sliding to the floor.Malar walks forward to help, only to be pulled back by Anirudh.

"Yenna da?", Malar asks him.

"What if she tries to hit you or something?", Anirudh asks worried.

Malar sighs, "She won't", before walking to Andrea and helping her up before making her sit on the sofa.

"Nee yen ivlo nalla irruke? You are making it hard to hate you.", Andrea sniffles, wiping her tears hasitly.

Malar smiles and gives her a handkerchief, "Neenga yendha thappum pannaliye? Except for the molesting part in the beginning."

Andrea smiles a little at the joke, as she takes the offered hand kerchief and wipes her tears away.

"Nan un kitta pesulama?", Andrea asks.

Malar nods and gestures Anirudh to leave them alone.

"What? No. Nanum irrupen.", Anirudh whines.

Malar gives him one look, making him sigh and nod.

Andrea's heart drops, seeing their interactions, as she realized she had no chance. But she had no other option but to keep trying. She needed him in her life, again.

"Please, neenga paka nalla vangala theriringa, Anirudh ah vitringa. I need him in my life again", Andrea begs.

Malar's smile vanishes as she looks at Andrea sternly, "Inga paarunga, I understand that you still love him. But, he doesnt reciprocate it. Adha vida important, I love him. Yennala velagi lam poga mudiyadhu."

"But why? Ungaluku avana few months ah dhane theriyum. Yennaku I know him for years. Avanu kaga dhan na UK ve pone therapy ku.", Andrea says.

"Therinji yenna panninga? You still hurt him right?  And unga thinking eh thappa irukku. Neenga ungalukaga therapy pannanum, not for anyone else.", Malar says.

Andrea rolls her eyes, "Spare me the advie, Yennaku Ani venum. I love him and I regret what I did to him."

"Seri appo na onnu kekuren, neenga thiruppi cheat panna maatinganu yenna nichayam?", Malar asks with raised eyebrows.

Andrea glares at Malar, "Oru mistake ala, don't judge my entire character. You have no right."

"No rights ah? Neenga inga vandhu yen boyfriend ah vitu koodhu nu ivlo urimaya keka modhu, na keka koodadha?", Malar scoffs.

"Avan yenna innum love panran, you are just a rebound. Yen unakku puriya maatingadhu? He should just realise that he still loves me. Nan avanuku puriya vekuren.", Andrea says hysterically.

Malar's eyes widen at Andrea and her figdgety behavior.

"Nan rebound na, yedhuku ungala pathi lam yen kitta avan sollirkanum? Adhuvum naanga date pannradhuku munnadiye sonnan", Malar says shaking her head.

"You are nothing to him, I tell you. Nothing. Yen Ani ah yen kitta thirumbi kooduthiru.", Andrea says in a righteous tone.

Malar's patience snaps, "No."

"No?", Andrea asks confused at her one word answer.

"No. Artham puriyale? He's my boyfriend. Understand? I love him and he loves me. It goes both ways. And na avana vitu kooduka maaten. Nee ippo polam.", Malar says dismissing her.

Andrea glares at her one last time before stalking out.

Anirudh who had been listening to their conversation all this while, walks back in.

Malar gasps when he pulls her up from the sofa.

"Dei, yenna da achu?", Malar asks.

"I love you", he says fiercely, "Only you."

"I love you too", Malar smiles a little confused.

Anirudh stares at her for a few beats, contemplating his next move. He then leans forward pressing her lips to her. Malar freezes as her eyes open in shock.

Anirudh pulls her closer, one hand on her waist the other hand cupping her head. Malar's eyes slowly close as she kisses him back. She cups his jaw with one hand, while the other hand fists his hair pulling him closer.

Malar pulls back as she runs out of breath.

"Sorry, na permission keturkanum. I was overwhelmed, by what I heard.", Anirudh apologised.

"Don't apologise, you have every right. Nan sonnadhu yellam mean panna. I mean who the hell is she to come back here and demand me to give you back to her. No fucking way.", Malar says angrily.

Anirudh pulls her closer, hugging her, "I think this proves one thing."

"What?", Malar asks confused.

"UK le therapy seriya ille.", Anirudh grins, making Malar burst into laughter.

"Seri, dinner ku veliya polama?", Anirudh asks making Malar nod excitedly.

Just after dinner, Malar and Anirudh exit the restaurant unaware of the fact that a camera was clciking away.

***

Just a few more chapters till the end!