Chapter 19

"Y-yennadhu? U-un veedu ah?", Ayira stutters, knowing he lives alone.

"Ama, ippo veliya porathu yennaku advisable ille, yenna padam release avura time", Arjun says.

"Ohh adhu nalaiya", Ayira says silently relieved.

"Yen? Nee yenna nenaiche?", Arjun smirks with raised eyebrows.

"N-nana? Onnum illaiye", Ayira says with wide innocent eyes.

"Ayy", Arjun teases her.

"Hmph", Ayira huffs turning to the window.

Arjun parks the car in front of his house before both of them get down and walk inside.

"Unga parents lam enga irrukanga?", Ayira questions.

"Avanga Coimbatore le irrukanga.What about your parents?", Arjun says.

Ayira smiles bitterly, "Ennoda appa amma are always travelling to different countries. They are both doctors. I grew up mostly in Malar's house."

Arjun gives her a reassuring smile squeezing her hand, "I don't think not growing up with your parents affected you as a person. You still grew up to be smart, kind, empathetic, and beautiful. If not less, you are more caring to everyone around you, because you don't want people to feel the same way you did without your parents. You are amazing, you just don't realize it."

Ayira's eyes fill with tears, as she launches herself at Arjun hugging him tightly. Arjun, though surprised, hugs her back with the same vigour. They let themselves stay like that for some time with Ayira's face buried in his neck.

"Ahem, time achu. Ulla polama?", Arjun asks Ayira.

Ayira shakes her head no hugging him tighter making Arjun laugh.

Arjun sighs realizing she wasn't going to move and so he dragged her inside his house.

"Full day um idpi dhan irruka poriya? Because yennaku entha problem um ille.Atho antha pakam dhan bedroom.", Arjun smirks.

Ayira immediately pulls away before glaring at him and muttering, "Porikki."

Ayira looked around the house which was decorated in black, white and grey tones.

"Not bad, interior decoration supera irruku.", Ayira says looking around in appreciation.

"I always have good taste", Arjun says looking pointedly at Ayira making her blush.

"Kitchen enga irruku, enakku pasikidhu", Ayira asks him hiding her flushed face.

Arjun and Ayira walk together to the kitchen. Ayira opens the fridge and the cupboards looking to see if she can cook anything.

She sighs, "Maggi ah thavare, vera yethume ille. You have to go grocery shopping soon".

"But I hate grocery shopping and cooking. But mostly shopping", Arjun whines.

"Seri nanum kooda varen,nalaiku polam.Innaiku maggi dhan. Okay va?", Ayira asks.

"Hmm ok", Arjun agrees grinning at the thought of spending more time with her.

Malar was sitting in her office, busily completing all her work. The past few weeks had been distracting and she couldn't get any work done. If it had gone on for a few more days, she was sure to get fired. The last talk she had with sooniya bommai didn't end well at all. Malar practically called her a lazy pig and blamed it on Anirudh. That reminded her, she should tell this to Anirudh so that he doesn't stand clueless when Shwetha asks him.