Chapter 24

Malar and Ayira, walk out of their house after locking the door. It was a Tuesday, and Malar had paperwork piled high, while Ayira had to conduct a test in college.

Ayira drops Malar at Anirudh's studio before, driving away to her college.

"Ma'am, ulle Mani sir and Atharvaa irukkanga", Lina informs after Malar greets her.

Malar slowly opens the door to the Studio, she sees Anirudh and Mani, sir, in deep conversation, while Atharvaa stands with his eyes glued to his phone.

Malar gathers her files and laptop, before settling on the couch to complete her work.

Malar gets lost in completing her work until a shadow falls on her. She looks up to see Atharvaa smiling at her.

"Hey Malar, yenna office work ah?", Atharvaa asks sitting next to her.

Malar scoots over before saying, "Ama."

"Oh come on, don't be so cold. Anirudh yenna pathi enna sonna nu therila, but it isn't true. Avan dhan enna pathi rumours spread panni, yennaku vandha movie chances lam keduthan", Atharvaa growls, fisting his hand.

Malar raises her eyebrows, "Idhu yennaku avan sollale, but I'm sure he had his reasons."

"So you won't believe me?", Atharvaa grits outs glaring at her.

"Of course, I won't.", Malar says before getting up.

Atharvaa holds her wrist tightly and yells, "Yen ellarum avanaiye nambiringa, appo Andrea, ippe nee. Nan kuda than avala love pannen, but she always loved him. Yen kuda irruka modhu kooda she always thought about him. I hate him."

Atharvaa had this manic gleam in his eyes that made Malar question her safety. She snatches her hand from him. Anirudh and Mani sir, hearing the commotion walk to where Malar is.

Anirudh narrows his eyes at Atharvaa, before pulling Malar to him. Malar winced and rubbed her wrist, which was red. Anirudh glared at Atharvaa, after seeing Malar's wrist. Malar stops Anirudh from bursting out.

"Mani sir, he needs psychological help", Malar states looking at ManiRatnam.

"Yenna ma solre?", Mani sir asks confused.

"Neenga oru doctor kitta kutitu ponga, ille avaroda family members ah alert panunga. Avan pesura vidam is not normal.", Malar says moving closer to Anirudh.

"Nan normal illaiye? It's you guys who are the monsters, not me.", Atharvaa laughs sharply.

"Atharvaa, keep quiet. Behave with some degree of decency.", Mani Ratnam scolds him.

"Sir, na solradu ippe puriyidha?", Malar asks.

ManiRatnam sighs and nods before he grabs Atharvaa and leaves.

"What the hell just happened?", Anirudh asks as he gently steers Malar to sit on the sofa.

Anirudh goes and returns with the first aid kit, to treat Malar.

"You aren't going anywhere near him. Puriyitha? He might seriously cause harm", Malar said to Anirudh.

Anirudh nods, applying ointment to Malar's wrist.

"I'm serious da", Malar says elbowing him.

"Theriyum di, you aren't talking to him ever again, either", Anirudh glares at Malar.

The studio door opens and Arjun enters, followed by Ayira.

"Ayira? You told me innaiku neraiya vela irukku nu", Malar asks.

Ayira goes to respond but frowns when she sees Malar's hands.

"Ay enna di achu?", Ayira asks as she rushes to Malar.