Chapter 4

"Arjun Das?", Malar exclaims looking stunned.

Arjun grins and says, "Hi Malar, ungla pathi nariya kelvi patruken."

"What? Really?", Malar asks looking at Anirudh."Enna pathi enna ya sonne?"

Anirudh raises his eyebrow, "Enna mariyada koraiyidu?"

Arjun laughs looking at them."No one talks to him like this you know. You're the first girl."

Malar makes a face, "You mean all the girls flirt with him? It's not like I want his attention."

Anirudh cuts in with a smirk, "It's not?"

"No but I could say the same about you since you are the one who wants me to work with you", Malar states raising her eyebrow.

"Matikita macha", Arjun shakes his head laughing.

Anirudh rubs his nape in embarrassment as he says, "I just wanted revenge for how you spoke to me."

"How petty", Malar rolls her eyes.

Anirudh was about to say something but Malar ignores him and turns to Arjun."Are you here for the recording?Ninge paduvingala?"

Arjun smiles shaking his head, "No, not me,I am here because I am acting in it."

"And also because I am his best friend" Arjun adds as an afterthought.

Anirudh glares at him as Malar laughs.

"Your friend's with him.Impossible.", Malar says shaking her head.

Anirudh huffs,"Everyone wants to be my friend."

"Not me.", Malar sasses back.

Anirudh smirks, "Right, you want to be more than friends."

Malar rolls her eyes turning toward him, "Ninge ella ponnunga koodavum ippadi dhan pesuvingala?"

Arjun speaks up this time, "No actually, he usually ignores or is very standoffish to girls who speak to him. He is polite at best but very detached to even celebrity girls."

Malar looks up at Anirudh surprised to find him already looking at her. They both share an intense look making Malar blush clear her throat.Anirudh shakes his head, smiling at the reaction he has on her.

Arjun who is standing behind them notices this inconspicuous interaction.He walks towards Anirudh whispering in his ears,"Vazhiyidu,thodachiko."

Anirudh glares at Arjun before whipping his head to check if Malar heard them, but she was busy answering a phone call.

"Hey babe", Malar greets Ayira.

This shocks Anirudh who stares at her in apparent jealousy. Does she really have a boyfriend, he thinks to himself feeling dejected all of a sudden. Arjun seeing Anirudh's face fall comforts him.

"Hi, innaiku night nee free ah? Girls night.My house or your house?", Ayira asks Malar on the call.

"Ama nightu free dhan.Your house.", Malar answers back grinning at the thought of girl's night.

Anirudh's jaw drops as he continues standing there stunned.

"Ok di bye lecture irruku.Love you", Ayira says to her.

"Bye, love you", Malar says before cutting the call.

Anirudh's jaw which was hanging, now sways in the breeze as his mind registers what Malar said

Malar turns back and is amused to see Anirudh's and Arjun's comical reactions.

"Why are you guys standing there with those expressions?", Malar asks.