10- "He has something to live for"

TW- minor talk of suicide and abuse

The last few hours were a massive blur for Kyle, from finding Stan, to him being rushed in the ambulance with Stan, to arriving at the hospital.

Kyle had disassociated from everything around him, nothing felt real he was hoping this was all one big nightmare, deep in his heart he knew this was real he just couldn't bring himself to say it.

Snapping him out of his thoughts the nurse spoke "is it alright if I can ask you a few questions" she said sympathetically.

Kyle nodded.

"Ok"

"Do you know where he got the box of fentanyl?, they're only given out on prescription and according to our medical records Stan wasn't one of them." She asked

Kyle shook his head wincing at the word fentanyl remembering seeing the box of pills on the floor, when he realised what Stan had done.

"Ok"

"Does Stan have problems with alcohol, Is he addicted"

Kyle nodded "yes"

"And do you know why he tried to kill himself?"

Kyle squirmed, he had an idea it was a bunch of things combined. Kyle felt as if it wasn't his place to say.

He shook his head

"Ok thank you sweetie, I don't currently know stans condition but the nurses will let you know soon, do you have anyone to contact that can be here with you?"

Kyle nodded as he thanked the nurse.

Who gave him a sweet remorseful smile before quickly walking of disappearing behind a door.

Kyle got out his phone and clicked Kenny's name, pressing the call button he put his phone up to his ear letting out a shaky breath, the line picked up.

"What do you want Kyle" Kenny asked still pissed at Kyle for what he said

"Kenny s-Stan he he tried to kill himself" Kyle sobbed into the phone.

Silence filled the other line

After letting out a deep breath Kenny asked "where are you?"

"The hospital" Kyle replied

the phone line ended, Kyle couldn't do anything but wait and hope.

After getting the call from Kyle he quickly left his house before catching the nearest bus.

Silence filled the air, letting Kenny be in his thoughts, quickly he began to blame himself he knew Stan wasn't doing alright he just didn't want to upset him and push him too...

Before he could think any deeper he noticed he was
at the stop, quickly he got of the bus and walked towards the hospital doors, dreading for what was about to come.

Walking into the nearest emergency room, he scanned the room looking for Kyle, obviously it wasn't hard to find him due to his bright red hair falling out of his green ushanka.

Kenny watched Kyle before approaching him, he has never seen someone look so vulnerable and fragile until now, his eyes were bloodshot from the obvious crying, he was staring at nothing, but Kenny could tell there was a lot going on his mind.

Kenny tapped his shoulder gently

"Kyle?"

As Kyle looked up and saw a familiar comforting face he couldn't help but release more sobs he had been trying to hold in

"K-Kenny I found him on the bathroom floor h-he overdosed"

He rubbed Kyles back,

Kenny was a emotionally strong boy but he knew he couldn't be strong right now, letting out his first tear followed by many more. He processed Kyles words Stan actually tried to kill his self, Kenny suddenly felt stiff at the thought, before the boys could say anything else a nurse quickly approached them.

"Hi boys are you friends of Stan marsh"

They both nodded

Both were terrified of what was about to come, fearing it would be the worst news.

"Well Stan had drank what looked like one bottle of whiskey as well as 16 fentanyl's, the restricted use a day is 4"

"when Stan was bought into the emergency room he had stopped breathing, the doctors had to resuscitate him, after 3 attempts they finally got a pulse."

"The doctors injected him with Naloxone which quickly reverses the effects of an overdose, it blocks the dangerous effects of the pill taken. Stan had to have two doses, due to taking one of the strongest pills, It has also regulated his breathing."

"They had to pump out the large amount of alcohol out of his stomach due to it possibly effecting his blood flow to his heart"

"He has also been treated for injuries such as a broken rib, a large gash in his head which will most likely be a concussion, stitches in the cheek, shoulder, thigh and hand"

"He's a strong boy, for managing to survive all of this he has something to live for even if he doesn't know what that is, he held on for that one thing"

"You should be able to see him in 2 hours" she smiled before leaving the boys to comfort each other

They let out a sigh of relief, knowing Stan wasn't dead, they both knew how strong Stan was and both felt guilty for losing hope.

"How did Stan get those injuries" Kenny asked

Quick to reply Kyle said quietly "his fucking dad"

Kenny released an angry sigh, Kenny was full of rage but right now he had to let it be, he was here for Stan not for his asshole of a dad.