12- A sudden realisation

His mum was called after Stan finally become conscious again,

at the sight of Stanley in the hospital bed. His skin black and blue. She Broke down, she couldn't believe she didn't see the signs, she began to blame herself

"why Stanley, I would've helped you in anyway I could've, you just needed to talk to me"

"I'm your mum, mums look after their children, you needed to let me look after you"

"I needed to look after you" she sobbed while holding onto Stan for dear life, scared of possibly losing him again.

Stan bit his lip hard, trying to hold his self together, but the sight of his mum like this because of him broke him.

Quietly he let out a fountain of tears

"I'm so sorry mum I love you I love you so much" he cried hugging her, not planning on letting go anytime soon.

After a week of being in the hospital, Stan was discharged,

Stan was excited to be home, surprisingly he missed his home more than anything, even though a week ago he planned on never returning but now he just wanted to be back in the comfort of his home, mum and friends.

As Stan closed the door behind him, he smiled at the sight of the living room noticing the little things he never appreciated before

"What are you smiling at Stan" his mum asked sounding confused

"Nothing mum it just.. just feels good to be home" he said while heading towards the stairs.

Sharon half smiled debating whether Stan was saying that to make her worry less or if he actually meant it.

Stan had one thing in mind as he entered his room.

Alcohol.

Rapidly he walked towards his draw, where his stash of alcohol was, carefully he opened the drawer before grabbing a bottle of whiskey, followed by a bottle of vodka and two mini whiskeys.

Stan stuffed them in his bag before leaving his room

"Mum I'm going to Kenny's" Stan spoke

Worried Stans mum looked at him

"Mum I promise I'm going to Kenny's, I won't be gone long" Stan said softly reassuring his mum 

His mum nodded trusting Stan, before kissing him goodbye.

Stan closed the door behind him, he hated lying to his mum but he needed to do this one thing.

Stan placed his headphones over his head, the song 'burning pile by Mother Mother' entered his ears blocking out any thoughts, he headed of in the direction of starks pond.

Upon arrival Stan sat down on the bench placing his worn out back pack next to him, he took his headphones of listening to the low wind calling out.

Stan stared out at the dark pond, replaying all the memories from fourth grade him, Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman had made here.

Reminiscing, He smiled with teary eyes.

Stan unzipped his bag before grabbing one bottle of whiskey, carefully he stared at the glass object, Stan undid the lid the familiar smell of whiskey comforted him.

Without a warning Stan tipped the bottle upside down, the whiskey splashing stans ankles as it rebounded from the floor,

Stan once again repeated this with the bottle of vodka followed by the two mini bottles of whiskey.

Quietly he stared at the pool of liquid on the ground, the smell of vodka and whiskey combined filled stans nose.

Without a second thought Stan threw the bottle of whiskey with an extraordinary amount of force,

Stan watched the glass shatter, the fragments of glittering glass flew in each possible direction. Each piece of shattered glass released a fragment of rage Stan had built up inside for so long.

"FUCK YOU" stan screamed

"YOU MADE EVERYTHING FUCKING WORST"

"YOU WASN'T A FUCKING ESCAPE YOU WERE A PATHETIC FUCKING EXCUSE."

Stan grabbed the empty bottle of vodka before launching it, the sound of glass shattering satisfied Stan.

"I FUCKING LOST MYSELF BECAUSE OF YOU, I COULD'VE BECAME BETTER WITH HELP, BUT INSTEAD I TURNED TO YOU AND YOU..YOU JUST MADE EVERYTHING FUCKING WORST"

Before Stan could say anything else he grabbed the two minis, he held them with a tight grip before letting them go.

They shattered as they hit the floor

Stan smiled, tears fell from his eyes, he stood in silence staring at the glass.

"It wasn't you .. it was me. I did this to myself" Stan whispered, letting more tears fall from his eyes.

Before Stan could let another thought out a voice from behind him startled him.

"Dude.."

Kyle had a lot on his mind, ever since Tuesday the day Stan tried to.. Kyle shook his head trying to remove the scene from his head.

"Shit" Kyle muttered as he realised he had done every possible piece of school work he could do, he was at least a month ahead of everyone.

Kyle leaned back on his chair, holding the bridge of his nose, thinking about what he could do to distract himself from his thoughts.

Kyle checked his phone it was half six, due to it being early spring the sun didn't set till around seven, Kyle thought a breath of fresh air would be good as he decided he would go on a walk.

Kyle grabbed his ushanka and quickly put on his coat, waving goodbye to his mum and dad he finally left his house.

Kyle headed towards the direction of stark pond, due to it being the best place to watch the sun set in South Park.

The cold air crept up Kyles back making him shiver, his cheeks had become a rosy pink from where the frosty air had hit him, he rubbed his hands against each other trying to warm his self up.

I had to decide to leave the house when it was getting colder Kyle thought laughing out loud.

Interrupting his laughs Kyle heard a voice screaming what sounded like pure rage, in starks pond.

Curious kyle cautiously made his way towards stark pond following the voice, once Kyle had got closer he took a look peering around the branch of a tree.

In front of him was a boy, who seemed to be stuck in a fit of rage.

Stan?? Kyle thought

Kyle watched more intensely now as Stan kept screaming words, before throwing glass objects.

Alcohol? Kyle thought

Stans throwing away alcohol?? Kyle thought thinking that doesn't sound right.

Once Stan smashed two more bottles he became more quiet. Before very quietly whispering

"It wasn't you .. it was me. I did this to myself"

It was quiet, but Kyle heard it.

Thinking out loud Kyle spoke out

"Dude.."

Stan jumped before turning around, to see Kyle.