26- 6 months

I couldn't do anything but watch and stare as the paramedics began resuscitating Kyle,

By the time they came in he had stopped breathing.

"We've got a pulse!" One of the paramedics screamed

I let out a shaky breath of relief, still not ok at all.

I stared at my hands, soaked In Kyles blood

"Get him on the stretcher, we need to get him to the hospital immediately, his heart can still stop working"

Those words, the thought of Kyle dying killed me inside.

I jumped into the back of the ambulance, i held Kyles hand, sobbing quietly.

Once we arrived I was held back, obviously not allowed in the surgery room.

A nurse had updated me on the situation, the bullet had cut through Kyles Rib and punctured his lung, this lead to lower oxygen levels, which affected his heart rate and caused him to struggle to breath.

He had also lost a large amount of blood, which prevents the heart from pumping correctly.

They had to remove the bullet and do surgery to remove the hole from his lung.

I winced at this news, I won't be able to see him for a few hours due to his surgery, I panicked at the thought of the surgery going wrong.

I just got him back I can't lose him again.

I called my my mum and broke down into tears, she told me she'd be here straight away.

Shortly after I saw her familiar comforting face, I broke down once more.

She held me in her arms, "sshhh it's ok sweetie, I'm here" she spoke softly stroking my hair.

"Mum he was going to kill me, my own dad" I sobbed into her shoulder, I felt her breathing change.

It had sped up I could tell she was furious and broken at the same time.

"Honey I'll call Sheila ok" she said

I nodded my head.

After half an hour, Kyles family arrived they all looked devastated

Sheila hugged me "I'm so sorry Stan, you don't deserve this" I hugged her back

Not really agreeing with her words, I felt guilty that Kyle had took a bullet that wasn't for him.

Ike sat their there quietly, I sat next to him

"Hey Ike"  I said trying my best to sound strong

"Hi Stan, do you think my brother will be alright?"

"Definitely he's super strong!" I replied back to ike trying to make him feel better, not fully convinced if I believe that myself

He smiled "thanks Stan"

I smiled back

I noticed the nurses heading towards us and immediately I got up.

"Hiya, Kyles surgery was successful, he's breathing perfectly and his lung is all fixed up, his heart is getting the right amount of blood and oxygen."

I let out a Breath of relief, quickly interrupted by the word however.

"However, Kyles brain stopped receiving oxygen for around 2 minutes, which means he would've forgotten the past 6 months of his life, now their is a possibility he'll gain those memory's back, but it may take a lot of time. He'll be awake in 2 hours" she smiled before leaving.

6 months I thought.

6 months?????

No no no no no no

Me and Kyle weren't friends 6 months ago, he would've forgotten everything that's happened between us the past few months.

I let out a small sob my mum and Sheila both hugged me, realising what it meant for me.

And we stayed like that for god knows how long

2 hours later

The nurse came up to us, with a huge smile on her face

"He's awake, you can come see him now"

I followed behind everyone, extremely nervous for what was about to come.

After everyone had their moment with Kyle, he looked at me raising his eyebrow with a look of confusion.

"Stan?"

Oh shit

Kyles Pov

I woke up, surrounded by fancy tech equipment, it was clear to me I was in a hospital.

When and how did I get here.

After the nurses explained to me what my injury's were, they told me my family could come see me.

I smiled at the thought

My mum was the first to come in she kissed me all over my head, as I tried to avoid her kisses, slightly embarrassed.

"Kyle don't ever scare me like that again, I love you so much" she hugged me

I hugged her back, still confused on what I actually did to get here.

After speaking to everyone, I saw a familiar bobble hat in the corner of my eye.

What the hell.

"Stan?"  I looked at him extremely confused

"Hey Kyle.."

Um what.

We're not friends anymore, why is he here?

"Stan why are you here?" I asked genuinely confused

Stan looked at me with a look I've never seen in his eyes before, he looked tired, sad and frustrated. He nodded his head in defeat?

"Just thought I'd check up on you, see ya around ky" 
he spoke before leaving the room, his mum following him shortly behind.

Ky?

That was odd

Stans Pov

I had to get out of there before I broke down in front Of everyone, he really doesn't remember.

I sat down on the curb outside and covered my face with my hands letting out violet sobs.

My mum sat down next to me and pulled me towards her.

She didn't say anything, she probably knew that no matter what she said it wouldn't make me feel better.

"Come on honey let's get you home" she spoke softly

I nodded

Leaving Kyle behind.