34- The big game

So it's been a few weeks, and I've been attending AA meetings and continued taking my medicine for my ptsd.

I've slipped up a few times I won't try to lie, where I've been knocked out cold.

Each time Kyle and kenny were there.

Yes they were disappointed as I told them they can trust me.

But you should know better to never trust an addicts words.

Hell, I'll promise myself I won't drink and then the next day I'll do it.

I wish I could explain the feelings of needing it, craving the alcohol.

I thought back to that night I was discharged from the hospital after my attempt, and when I smashed the shit out of all my alcohol.

I was so scared of hurting others, that I ignored those cravings.

But I let my selfishness come first In this instance, the person I cared for most had no memory and I saw no point of being sober.

I was 3 days sober, and was doing everything in my possibility not to relapse.

Even the shortest amount of time is progressive.

I looked at my flask of whiskey, guilt took over me as I placed it in my bag.

I can just restart if I relapse I tell myself...

I walked outside, locking the front door.

Ready for another shitty day at this shitty school.

I'm starting to think alcohol effects my serotonin levels, I've felt more miserable since I've started drinking it again.

But I just can't stop.

"Hey" Kyle waved at me from across the road

"Hey dude" I smiled

"It's the big game tonight"

Huh what's he talking about, I swear my memory's got worst.

"..."

"You forgot haven't you" Kyle spoke rubbing his forehead out of frustration

"I'm sorry ky, I don't know what's up with my memory at the moment"

Kyle huffed

"The basketball game, you know that I'm captain of.. it's the final today between us and Greeley high school"

I smiled "oh shit yes I remember now, I'm so going to be there! you're going to look hot while playing" I winked

Kyles always enjoyed basketball, but he's only recently become the captain. Due to his fast eligibility and his amazing skills I've heard about.

I don't know why but I've never been to one of his games before, which is really weird.

Kyle grinned "shut up dude.. but thanks you'll defo be there?"

"I promise" I smiled

Time skip

After a few short periods, the bell for lunch finally rang

Stan and Kyle sat down at their table, greeted by everyones faces.

"It feels like forever since we all sat together" Tolkien smiled

"It's been a draining few weeks" stan spoke rolling his eyes

"Bebe are you still captain of the cheerleaders?" Kyle asked

"Of course I am!" Bebe winked with a huge smile on her face

"I keep telling Wendy she should be a cheerleader but she keeps telling me she's to busy trying to become a politician." Bebe rolled her eyes