21- 2 wishes

TW-minor talk of sexual assault

Nobody talks about the after effects of sexual assault, it had been days and I was still laying in my bed lifeless staring at the ceiling.

I had only moved to go to the toilet every now and then, my phone kept pinging I knew the boys were checking on me.

I haven't spoke to them since.

I haven't spoke to anyone as a matter of a fact.

Kyle asked if I wanted him to stay the night, after Kenny drove us home.

I turned down Kyles offer, I wanted to be alone and gather my thoughts, obviously Kyle being Kyle he understood.

A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts, my mum came in.

"Stan honey talk to me" she said weakly

Kenny and Kyle that night, had explained what happened while I headed upstairs, obviously she came to comfort me but I've been distant.

I know she's afraid I'll pick up the bottle again, but if I'm being honest I can't even be bothered to get alcohol involved.

I looked at her, there's no point in lying to her

"I just feel dirty mum, really dirty.." I calmly said showing no expression

Making her way towards me, she pulled me into a hug "oh honey I'm so sorry" I hugged her back tears falling from my eyes.

She cupped my face in her hands and plucked my hair away from my eyes she stared at me for a few seconds

"you're such a beautiful young man Stanley, I'm proud of who you are becoming, don't let anyone ruin that okay? You need to distract yourself sweetie, go out with some friends"

Stan smiled he knew his mum was right, he just had to gather the courage to actually get up.

"Ok mum I'll go get ready" Stan replied making his mum smile.

"I'll be downstairs if you need me" she said before closing his door.

Stan opened his phone

4 missed texts:

Crybaby: hey dude, I'm really sorry about what happened text me if you want to play football and distract yourself. I'm always ready to beat your ass ;)

🖕🏻: how ya holding up?

Kenneth: hey man text me. Hope you're alright :)

Kyle <3 : look Stan I'm really sorry, I'm always down to talk or hang, I know you'll need some time but when you're ready I'm here :) x

Stan smiled, he could always count on his friends, quickly he replied to all of them leaving Kyle till last.

Kyle <3: I'll be at your house in 20 :)

If anyone was going to distract Stan it would be Kyle.

Quickly he slipped into the shower, the hot water trickled down his body.

Hotter he thought.

He turned the temperature up.

Still not hot enough

Once again he turned the temperature up.

He repeated until the water was the hottest it could be.

Stan scrubbed his body harshly, his arms were red and sensitive and beginning to sting.

Stan kept scrubbing.

"I need to" "I need to wash him of me"

He kept scrubbing.