27- The plan

Sheila had been updating my mum on Kyles condition,

she told my mum that the doctors said that we can't tell Kyle about the last few 6 months, as it would cause him confusion and stress possibly damaging his brain more.

We could only say things and bring him to places, that may jog his memory.

I sighed, how am I going to remind him when we're not even friends anymore,

Well In his eyes.

I opened my phone

And text Kenny

Kenneth: hey man wanna go to tweeks coffee shop, I need to talk to you

A few seconds later my phone pinged

Kenneth: yeah sure dude I'll meet you there :)

I smiled I can always count on him.

(Time skip)

I sat in our favourite spot as usual, when I heard the bell ring

I looked up to see a very cheery Kenny

"Hey man sorry I was late, I was with butters"

I smiled softly, why did that make me feel worst.

"How's Kyle dude? Anymore cheeky moments" he winked at me

I stared at him, trying to find the words.

"My dad.." I barely whispered

Kenny looked at me confused

"The morning after our walk, my dad came to the house.. I thought it was my mum so i opened the door. It was him, he held a gun between my eyes, while I begged him not to kill me. Kyle happened to come downstairs and Kyle being fucking Kyle jumped in front of the bullet"

I let out a shaky breath.

"WHAT??!?" Kenny screamed obviously shocked at the news

"He's fine, he received resuscitation and surgery."

Kenny let out a breath of relief

"One problem though, he's forgot the last 6 months of his life.."

Kenny stared at me, as if something clicked in in his head, he spoke.

"Oh shit Stan does that mean.."

"Yeah he um he didn't remember anything, he was confused why I was i was there" I looked down.

"Oh fuck I'm sorry Stan can't you just tell him?" Kenny spoke calmly

"No I thought the same, the doctors told Sheila that sudden information would stress his brain out and possibly cause more damage"

"Shit what are you going to do?" He asked

"Well the doctors said that he can get his memory back eventually, but we'd have to bring him to places that help him or say certain things that may remind him. All that type of shit you know"

"one Problem though in Kyles eyes you're not friends" Kenny replied

"I know.. I'm gonna work on that at school"
"I'm gonna text everyone and let them know as well, so they don't say anything that messes with Kyles brain"

"Sounds like a plan" Kenny smiled before taking a sip of his water.

Kyles Pov

I was finally discharged from the hospital, mum had explained to me I had fell down the stairs, hitting my head causing me not to remember it and I had also punctured my lung somehow.

Though in my mind that injury doesn't match the accident

But I mean anything can happen.

Not wanting to miss out on any work, I begged my mum to let me go to school, after a while she finally gave in.

So now here I am, walking to school.

After arriving the first bell rang, I had science.

Shit I have that class with Stan, how awkward.

I sat down in my seat

After a few minutes Stan and Kenny walked in

Stan avoided eye contact like usual, before sitting down

Mr Adler spoke up

"So the science fair is coming up, and we need projects to be made in three weeks, I'm gonna put you with your partners this time, to see how you work"

Half the classroom groaned at this news, me included I liked being with smart people so Im more likely to get an A star.

Right Here's the partners:
Bebe and Jimmy
Wendy and Craig
Cartman and Nicole
Clyde and Stan
Kyle and Kenny
Tolkien and butters
Red and Heidi
Etc etc

I liked Kenny, but he wasn't the smartest person on the planet.

I watched him carefully as he whispered something into stans ear, who then did the same gesture to clyde, who was now nodding.

Stan stood up and whispered something into mr adlers ear, who looked confused but then seemed to agree.

"Never mind Clyde you're with Kenny and Kyle you're with Stan"

"What!?" I accidentally said out loud

"I'm not changing my mind Kyle, your partner is Stan" mr Adler sternly said

Great.

Stan sat next to me

"Soooo" he spoke

"Why did you get him to change partners?" I asked slightly annoyed

"Oh um Kenny wanted to be with someone dumb, so he got the higher grade" he smiled

This is so weird.

Especially after the hospital event

I raised my eyebrow, slightly suspicious but chose to ignore it.

Stans Pov

Why is this so nerve wrecking,

I feel like a little girl talking to her crush

"So what should we do, for the project?" I asked

Kyle looked at me, before he began explaining to me what our project was.

If I'm being honest I had stopped listening, I didn't really care about the project, I was more focused on getting Kyles memory back.

"Great, do you want to come to my house tonight to start it" I suggested

God I'm so dumb, to forward Stan, in his eyes you're still not friends.

He looked at me confused.

"Stan we're not friends anymore, you went from hating me to acting normal. It's kinda odd dude"

Ouch that hurt, it's fine he can't help it.

"Ok well let's try fix things" I smiled

Hesitant, he stared at me

"Fine" he said sounding slightly annoyed

I grinned "ok I'll meet you at the end of the day, by the lockers!"

He half smiled, before rambling on about the project again.

Let's hope this goes to plan.