| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 |

Immediately Mateo walks into the room, Vera couldn't contain her giggles and I roll my eyes

Typical lovely Vera.

It's been a week since that unforgettable incident and Vera wouldn't stop teasing Mateo about it. I mean, as a man I'd say I'm impressed.

"Vera please shut the fuck already." Mateo snaps at Vera and she just bursts out laughing.

She runs off to him and I just watch as she talks on and on, teasing him.

I've always loved her, always. Since she walked into this house, since she brought in Ophelia, I've always had my eyes on her.

She's the complete opposite of me. She's basically the sunshine in my dark life.

Life's been unfair to me and I think God sent Vera to me to make up for all the time I suffered.

The wait is definitely worth it.

Definitely.

"Redd," Mateo calls, pushing Vera off his chest. "come get your girl."

"Vera baby," I motion for her to come to me and she just grumbles but moved to me regardless. "Just stay by my side no matter what."

"Cheesy..." she giggles and I pull her closer to me.

“Where you off to Mateo?” I ask, chest vibrating against Vera's head and she snuggles closer.

"My station." My head and Vera's snaps to his and he just tilts his head in confusion.

"I have an unfinished business to take care of." he continues but my frown deepen. "don't worry, I'm going prepared." He tries to assure us by patting the gun on the waistband of his pants.

"Is that supposed to convince us that you'd be fine?" he raises an eyebrow, eyes twinkling in amusement but I ignore it either way. "Want me to come with?"

Mateo laughs. His laugh confused me and I turn to Vera only to see her snickering too. What the hell is funny?

"What?" I ask snapping at them impatiently.

"Careful Redd, anyone who hears you now might think you like me," he bends a little to whisper. "and I don't want you scaring people off with your scary face."

Vera shoots up beside me glaring at Mateo. "His face is farrrr from scary... he's got such beautiful eyes, and soft cheeks and the perfect plump lips..."

"Okay enough," Mateo does nothing to hide the visible disgust on his face and I smile. "you both are too cheesy for me."

"Does Arianna know?" Vera asks and Mateo's face darken but he quickly smiles.

"mhm..."

Vera frowns. "Mateo does Arianna know?"

"I'm going now, bye." he ignores the question before heading out of the house.

"...fucking dimwit..." Vera mutters and I pull her away so I could see her face. "They just got in a relationship and they're already having a fight?"

"We can't just conclude they're in a relationship Vera."

"Oh so you're saying, after everything, they're still just friends?"

"It's none of our business princess," I state firmly and she moved away from me. "They can just have their own issues to deal with."

"So...what are we then?... just friends or fuck buddies..?" She asks, bottom lip trembling.

Oh no, no baby.

"No. That's not what I...."

"Redd," she starts and my heart drops. "I initiated everything. first kiss, first confession, first everything....do you– do you really not like me that much? do you–"

Fuck this.

"Vera, princess..." I grab her arms, tilting her head to look up at me and I see tears well up her eyes. "I don't like you."

Her eyes widen in shock before her face fell suddenly.

Silly.

"I love you princess. I don't just think of spending days, weeks or even months with you." I wipe off the tear that has fallen from her right eye. "I want to spend my eternity with you. I don't just like you Vera, I love you and I always will."

She bursts into tears in my arms and I just laugh, patting her back.

"Aww. Such a crybaby..."

"Shut up Redd." she replies sniffing.

.....

"I found something baby." Vera announces, eyes in the monitor.

Baby....

"What's that?" I ask, standing behind her and I hear her breath quicken.

"See this," she points to the screen and I try to see what she was talking about. "I hacked into the police department and see what I found."

She shows me a clip of a man walking out of the station to a car. It switches to a clip in a cafe and my eyes widen.

"You know who's with him?"

I couldn't even breathe and I freeze.

"..how...why... what is that? how the hell?"

"That was my exact reaction when I saw the rat Arianna always talked about." She turns to face me and I just stared blankly at her.

"And people wonder why I don't trust them."

"Do we tell Arianna and Mateo?" She asks, looking as vulnerable as ever.

That was someone we trusted so blindly. Someone who could harm us with no remorse.

"Let's just wait and see. We have no proof he's telling on us or not." I state, looking at the clip again and suddenly feeling nauseous.

Few hours later, Mateo barges in the living room while I was playing with Ophelia.

"What is that?" I point to his shirt that was soaked with blood and he just grins.

"Blood," He sees my worried eyes and he just smiles. "Don't worry, it's not mine."

"Is that supposed to reassure me?" I ask with wide eyes.

"Yes duh." He jogs off and I shake my head.

This house is sure full of crazy people.

~

okay this is a short chapter of Redd pov

okay this is a short chapter of Redd pov. no matter how short it is, you all already know he's important in the book.

a new chapter that'd have you all at the edge of your seat is next<3

don't forget to vote and comment.

remember to drink water and have fun !