Chapter thirty nine

Reporters would be here for sure I just knew it. I needed to wear something that made Alex wish he was doing me last night instead of Nina.

As I sat in the makeup chair of my personal artist, Serena, I could feel my palms sweating. "Serena have you ever been in love?"

She looked at me with her dark chocolate eyes and smiled.

"No, and I don't ever want to be."

"Why not?" Her answer took me by surprise.

"Darling.." She began, as she contoured my cheekbones to perfection. "Being in love is like volunteering to be stabbed a million times and getting your heart ripped out. I'm perfectly happy with my cats."

She laughed and I could tell she was half joking.

"I don't want to be in love. But I think I am."

"Alex?"

"Yes.. Alex"

She moved on to my eyes and I watched her bouncy brown curls move with her hand.

"I always thought you guys would be together."

"We're not though... He's back with his girlfriend Nina."

Her perfect bronze skin turned into a frown.

"That little size zero actress?"

I nodded. "Her nose is fake, I can tell."

I let out a laugh. She was trying to make me feel better and it was kind of working.

"Don't let her phase you babe. Who's the one with the big U.S. tour going on right now? Who's the girl on just about every magazine cover you can think of? You babe."

"Serena.."

She stopped filling in my eyebrows and looked down at me.

"Make me look like a badass bitch."

Her Mac lipstick covered lips turned up into a grin.

"My pleasure"

••

I looked at myself in the mirror in awe. Eyeliner so sharp it could kill a man, eyebrows perfectly done. My face contour could give Kim Kardashian a run for her money.

My dark hair in long ringlets down my back made me resemble a Greek queen of some sort. But what really stood out was the custom designed Oscar de la renta gown hanging gracefully off of my hips. It was the lightest shade of pink with full beading running down the entire length. The front dipped to right above my belly button, showing a dangerously sexy amount of cleavage. It was tight around my waist so it showcased my hips but fell gently to the floor at the bottom like a waterfall.

I was in love. This dress made me feel all kinds of powerful. It made me feel so beautiful. I stood and admired myself for once in my life.

I can do this