Chapter 43

look like I had just stepped out of the shower. I kept my eyes closed until I felt someone standing over me.

“Spencerrrr”

I opened one eye halfway to see mark standing over me, holding a bottle of cold water and a raisin bagel. I took both and closed my eyes again. “God bless you, sweet angel” He sat down beside me.

“You look gross”

“Hey thanks, so do you.” He laughed but I could tell something was wrong.

“Vanessa said she wanted to talk to you. I have no idea what for but she seemed pretty angry.”

I finally opened my eyes. “Why would she be angry?”

“I have no idea Spence, honestly.”

I groaned.

He chuckled at me.

“She's waiting in the meeting room. She just said she wanted to talk to you alone before everyone else showed up.”

I slowly stood up but I could

I entered the room only to be greeted by two little crow eyes staring at me from behind her desk. “Good morning Princess”

Her mouth stayed pressed in a firm line with no acknowledgment of my greeting. “Sit down.”

“Why”

She closed her eyes for a second and took a deep breath.
“Spencer I am absolutely tired of your attitude.”

I sat down, giving in to her.

“Why did you want to talk to me?”

She opened up a folder and took out a picture.

I took it from her and looked at it. The heat from my hands made fog marks on the glossy edge of the scene.

It was a picture of Nina during the party. And she just happened to be soaked in the champagne that may or may not have once been in my mouth.

Vanessa observed me as I looked at it.

“I don't know why you're trying to ruin Alex’s career but you need to stop this right now”

I looked up dumbfounded. ME ruin HIS career?

He ruined me.

I felt my chest tighten up.

“Nina is good for him, she is pretty, famous, and she gets him the publicity he needs.”

She reached over and took the picture out of my hands. “Stay away from him if you know what's good for your career.”

The door creaked open behind me and footsteps walked in. I was frozen looking down at the table. I couldn't look away or I would cry. Mark came and sat beside me and the guys sat down on the other side of Vanessa. She was quiet.

Mark put a hand on my shoulder and I could feel his stare heating up the side of my face. He didn't ask anything and for that I was thankful.

Vanessa started talking about the plans for tonights concert and tried to give a pep talk although I wasnt paying attention at all. If I looked away from the wood at the center of the table I would burst into tears for sure.

“..Is that okay Spencer..?” Ryan's voice made me jump. My eyes went to his face which was a bad idea considering the movement made a tear threaten to fall out of the safety of my eyelashes. “What?”

“I was thinking we could alternate our last songs so you can have the finale instead of us.” I stood up. “Yeah, that's fine.”

I quickly turned before any of them had the chance to see the water running out of my eyes like a leaky faucet. With my legs still feeling like jelly I fled from the meeting room. Or at least tried considering I could barely walk. I heard footsteps behind me walking quicker than I could. “Mark leave me alone please”

A large hand grasped onto my arm and spun me around to face him. My heart clenched. I couldn't stop crying.

“I need to talk to you.”