Chapter Nineteen

Her lip pulled up, like she was trying to be a dog and show her teeth. I'm surprised she isn't growling at me... She raised her hand and walked towards us, pointing at Alex. “Get off of her.” She growled, stopping in front of us.

I stood there, not sure what to do. Would Alex actually stand up to Vanessa? I really hope not, that wouldn't end well. So I took a step forward when I realized that he wasn't going to budge.

He took his gaze from Vanessa to me, looking like I just hurt him by stepping away. I gave a weak awkward smile and crossed my arms on my chest. “we were just singing. We weren’t even doing anything.”

I said, trying to convince her and myself. She looked between us, her eyes studying our every breath. Mark came up behind her just as I remembered he was there. He put his hand on her shoulder, like he was stopping her from moving forward.

“Vanessa and I need to talk. You kids keep doing...whatever your doing.” He shot me a glance that said 'Imma strangle this bitch'. Okay, maybe it didn't mean that, but that's what it looked like in my head.

He suddenly turned to us, a serious look on his face. “Guys there are thousands of screaming girls outside. The minute they step in, we have to act like the Brady bunch. Keep it PG-13, kids.”

He shot me a wink before hopefully leading Vanessa off somewhere to yell at her. The minute Mark was out of sight I jumped as a hand cam down on my butt. “PG-13, Spence.” Alex smirked and grabbed his mic again, as I stood there and blushed.

He slapped my butt. Oh god. I turned around, trying to hide the embarrassing red color of my cheeks. “Okay guys. Showtime.”

--

I wasn't allowed to go see the boys before the show, and Vanessa made sure I didn't. She had bodyguards outside of their dressing room that had specific orders to not let me in. Bitch. But that didn't stop me from slipping each of them a couple of hundred bucks to open the door for me.

With my hand on the doorknob and two big bodyguards beside me, I adjusted my short purple dress and fixed my hair making sure it fell into perfect curls at my side. Why am I fixing my hair just to see the boys?

Alex. That’s the reason why. This little crush I had on him is gradually turning into something more. And I like it.

Okay here you go Spencer. I opened the door quietly and snuck into the dressing room, and as I turned around I realized that everyone was staring at me. And they were all shirtless. Oh good lord above.

Alex, Jared and Ryan all had their eyes on me, with identical smirks on their faces. Probably because my mouth was hanging open and my hand turning white as I still clutched onto the door. “Don't you boys own shirts? Its disturbing really.”

I tried to gain my composure with a snarky comment as I kept my eyes glued to the floor, walking over to the little unoccupied couch in the corner.

“Maybe you should take off yours, then we would all be shirtless.” Jared winked as Alex rolled his eyes and picked up a shirt, just like Ryan was doing. They both slipped them on, leaving me a little disappointed.

“ I'm wearing a dress. And that would a be a little awkward considering that I'm not wearing underwear.” I smirked and crossed my legs, satisfied with the shocked expression on Jared face. Alex walked over and sat beside me on the couch, throwing an arm causally around my shoulders.

Oh god he smells good. The whole side of his body was touching mine, making me a little dizzy. Especially with the smell of his Armani cologne surrounding me, along with his arm.

I turned my head a little, trying to check him out without him noticing what I was doing. He did though, as he smirked and leaned his head closer to mine.

“Tomorrow night.” He whispered into my ear, making shivers go down my spine. I looked up, which was a huge mistake. We almost bumped noses because we were so close and whenever I looked at him, I could just lean forward and we could kiss- just like that.

But I didn't. Instead I just stared into those big brown eyes, trying to form words inside my head. “Whats tomorrow night?”

I felt him move his hand, brushing it against my thigh, but ignored it as I kept my eyes locked with his.

“I'm taking you on a date.” I felt that stupid blush cover my cheeks, as I started smiling. So this means that Alex likes me? He did use the word 'Date'.

Of course he likes you, stupid girl. Hes sitting here inches from your face with his hand on your thigh. Hes basically making out with the air in front of me.

“Alright. But I would tell Vanessa, she banned me from even coming into your dressing room.” I laughed, but tried to keep my face from either grinning like an idiot or bursting into tears because Vanessa is making everything so complicated.

He suddenly backed his face away from mine, to look at me better. “She did what?” I didn't want to say anything and rat her out, but at the same time I did. I don't like Vanessa, and I don't think I ever will.

“Oh she just told the bodyguards to not let me in. I slipped them some cash.” He creased his eyebrows like he was thinking. “You want me to talk to her?” He asked, looking directly into my eyes with those big brown orbs of his.

I smiled, shaking my head. “I think I can take her. But thank you.” He smiled back and flicked my nose, before getting off of the couch. Suddenly he turned around, actually looking a little shy. “Tomorrow night?”

He asked, just as Mark walked in and said 'Get ready guys'. I smiled, feeling myself blush. “It's a date.”

__

If anyone wants to make me a cover I would really, really appriciate it! :) Dont forget to vote and pretty pretty please comment. ;)