Chapter Twenty one.

I stayed in Ryans room for about half an hour while he texted that mystery person.

I tried to figure it out, but I had never met a Jake Dawson. Never even heard of one.

Eventually I gave up, and without being suspicious asked where Alex was, and then made my escape

So here I am. Feeling pathetic as I walk down their hallway again, looking for Alex. Apparently he was with Jared right now, so that's where I'm headed.

I knocked on his door and waited, until I heard shuffling on the other side. “Jared? Its Spencer.” I called out, smoothing my hands down on my high waisted shorts.

Something bumped the door, hard, and then it stopped. “Whats the password?” He half whisper/yelled through the door.

I sighed, and put my hand on the door, but it was locked. “It's not really Spencer. I'm a stripper, so please open the door.”

He opened the door after I said that, to reveal a very flustered looking Alex.

“Um do you have a girl here?” I asked teasingly, because he looked like he had something better to be doing.

He looked confused, the shifted something in his other hand that was hidden by the door. “What? No.” He smiled, pushing the door open the rest of the way.

Ah, he was holding a guitar.

“Is Jared here?” I smiled innocently, trying to look into his bedroom. “Uh, no. He went to go talk to Vanessa.”

He rubbed his hand on his forehead, closing his eyes like he was frustrated. “Are you okay?”

He opened his eyes and smiled, but obviously something was bothering him. “Yeah, I'm fine.” I didn't believe him, and I gave him a look that said just that.

“Aw Alex, tell me whats wrong.” I poked his stomach under his dark green tee shirt, which made him chuckle.

“Its just that Vanessa wants us to have 12 new songs by the end of the month, and I don't even know where to start.” I frowned, because there was only like 2 weeks before the month ended.

“You need help.” I said, more like a statement then a question. He bit his lip and nodded.

I pushed him back into his bedroom, as I smiled and maybe rolled my eyes a little bit. If there was one thing I'm good at, it's writing songs.

He followed behind me into the room, and I was actually surprised at how clean it was. He had another guitar sitting on the bed, and pieces of loose paper were scatted around.

I stopped in front of the bed as Alex came up behind me. “Where do we start?” I looked around the room until I found it.

Walking over to his dresser I pulled out my Iphone and stuck it into the speakers, scrolling until I found the song I wanted. 'With UR Love' by Cher Lloyd.

“We dance for inspiration.” I could just feel him dissing my idea without him actually saying anything.

I pressed play and turned around with a smile. He looked miserable laying on the bed. “Ba da da da dum dum, ba dum dum.” I sang, and did the cat daddy. He smiled faintly, at my attempt to dance.

I danced over to the bed and pulled him up, earning a bigger smile. “Is this really necessary?”

I nodded and sang along to Cher, Pulling his hands and making him dance. He finally gave in and started actually dancing with me, swaying his hips and doing the dougie.