Staying for awhile

Nequam was definitely worried. He knew it wouldn't end well for him if Aizawa and Hizashi found out his identity. Aizawa would definitely scold him and would ground him for years even though he technically doesn't have the authority and Hizashi well he'd loose his shit.

Hizashi smiles as he sets a cup of hot cocoa infront of Nequam. "Drink up, I'm sure you need it."

He hesitates, Aizawa seemed to notice that he does that alot. Even though he had make up on to cover his freckles he wasn't sure how well it had stayed. He shot them both a quick glare.

Hizashi puts his hands up. "I swear! I didn't do anything too it! I just figured you'd need something to keep you awake! Patrolling these ungodly hours isn't easy ya know?"

Aizawa shrugs as he drinks his coffee. "Says you. It's easy for us."

Nequam suppresses a chuckle. "Yeah Hizashi, we're night dwellers we're used to this." He takes a breath as he gently takes off his mask, setting it on the table in front of him. He glances at the two heroes before taking his drink.

Hizashi and Aizawa's eyes widen. "You're a kid/child!?"

Nequam rolls his eyes. "My age isn't your concern. I thought we agreed on no trying to find things out about me tonight?"

Aizawa scoffs. "You can't exactly blame us for breaking the rules when you took off your mask."

Nequam shoots him a glare as he continues drinking.

Hizashi gently shoves his husband. "Be nice to the little listener babe!"

Nequam smirks. "Yeah zawa be nice."

Aizawa scowls. "Heathens. Both of you."

Hizashi laughs. "Awe come on! You know you love us! If you didn't A, we wouldn't be married, and B, Nequam here wouldn't be your number one problem child!"

Aizawa grumbles into his cup as he takes a large gulp of coffee. He swore he heard a faint chuckle from Nequam.

Hizashi looks over. "You know little listener. Since we know your age now you could just talk to us?"

Nequam shakes his head.

Hizashi cocks his. "Why not? I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anything!"

Nequam sighs. "I.. can't really speak.. whenever I try it just comes out all broken."

Hizashi frowns. "I'm sorry little listener. That must be hard on you."

Nequam nods. "It's fine..  I've gotten used to it. Besides even if I could speak properly I have vocal tics so I'd say weird shit anyway."

Aizawa raises an eyebrow. "You have tourettes?"

Nequam shakes his head. "No I have vocal tics. Tourettes is when you have both physical and verbal tics. I only have verbal."

Hizashi nods. "That's interesting! Also you realize you just revealed vital information about yourself right?"

Nequam shakes his head. "Technically I didn't. There's nothing in my old records stating I have tics. Besides I don't even have any records anymore anyway. I made sure to delete them."

Aizawa frowns. "Don't you think that's going a little far just to keep your identity?"

Nequam shakes his head again. "It's not just for that. I'm legally dead Aizawa. So it's not like they'd need my records anyway."

Hizashi's eyes widen. "YOU'RE WHAT!?" He screams, accidentally activating his quirk.

Nequam flinches very visibly at this. He quickly turns off his hearing aids. "Thanks for making me deaf."

Aizawa slaps Hizashi's arm. "Idiot. Don't do that besides the fact that it's rude you'll wake up Nemuri."

Nequam nods.

Hizashi sighs. "Right, sorry. But what do you mean you're dead?"

Nequam sighs. "It's personal."

Aizawa cocks an eyebrow. "You can't just tell us something like that and not give the details."

Nequam rolls his eyes. "Watch me."

Aizawa sighs. "Fine then. If you won't tell us that can you at least tell us if you have somewhere to stay? And if you have legal guardians? Since you said you're dead I'm presuming you don't."

Nequam gives him a look. "Wow. So smart this one."

Hizashi laughs. "That was funny but even so little listener. You can't just be staying by yourself."

"I'm fine with it. I've lived on my own for so long now that it'll be hard to live with anyone else. Besides it's not like anyone can take me in plus there's so way in hell I'm going into foster care." He shudders slightly.

Hizashi frowns. "We could take you in! We wouldn't mind another little listener running around!"

Aizawa's eyes widen. "Hizashi!?"

Hizashi puts a finger over his husband's mouth to shush him. "You can't legally take him in, he's never used his quirk at least to my knowledge and everything he's done could theoretically be in self defense."

Nequam smiles slightly. "Damn, who knew the cockatoo was smart."

Aizawa rolls his eyes. "Okay fine. You have a point."

Nequam smiles faintly. "As much as I appreciate the offer... I can't exactly take it. Besides, I don't want y'all getting even more in my business."

Aizawa sighs. "We can't exactly make you. But know this, once Hizashi has his mind set on something he's not gonna stop till he gets it."

Hizashi as a mischievous twinkle in his eye. "Hell yeah little listener! You'll be home with us in no time!"

Nequam chuckles slightly. "Game on you walking talking banana man." He grabs his mask, quickly putting it back on.

Hizashi looks offended at the nickname. "Hey!"

Nequam laughs, his voice sounded a bit older through his modifier. "Since you seem to care so much, that was a hint to my civilian identity cockatoo. Have fun trying to figure me out. If you need help just ask Nezu."

Aizawa sighs. "Of course you know Nezu."

Nequam nods. "Yeah. The rat Satan sought me out himself. As long as I give him permission he'll tell you everything he knows about me."

Hizashi grins widely. "Yes!!! I wanna know more about you little listener!"

Aizawa sighs. "I can't with you two."

Hizashi pouts. "Hey!!" He immediately starts to bicker with Aizawa. While the two are distracted Nequam takes this opportunity to leave, only leaving a small note behind.

Aizawa groans. "He's gone Hizashi."

Hizashi's eyes widen as he looks to where Nequam was. "No fair!" He sees the note and grabs it. The handwriting was definitely unique and for some reason slightly familiar.

"Game on heroes. I look forward to your reactions when you eventually figure it out.

Signed, your number one problem child."