Chapter 2

11:14 am

Harper was in her room stretching, with a movie on, and looking at her phone. From the outside, she seemed relaxed but inside she was a complete wreck. This wasn't her first time at Nationals, but it was her first time dancing in front of her best friend (crush).

♥️Matt👯

2 more hours till Nationals

                                                                             Ugh, don't remind me

🌊River🪩

Oh cheer up, harps

💗Heritage🩰

She's just nervous about the whole bf stuff.

                                                                         I'm not, and he's not my bf

🏴‍☠️Saylor💜

Ok, Harper 🤣, what are you doing anyway?

                                           Well, I'm currently watching high school musical,

                                              doing the splits, and texting you, so the usual!

♥️Matt👯

Same, harps 💅

                                                                                       Twins!🤪

🗽Liberty💃

😂

Harper laughed as she texted her dance friends. She and her friends have been dancing together since they were 4. From all the sleepovers, birthday parties, and hang-outs they had together, she loved them

Harper put her phone down and went back to stretching. That's when Harper's Mom cracked her bedroom door open, to pop her head inside.

"Harper, it's time to get ready to leave"

Harper nodded before standing up from the splits, getting her dance luggage, that said "Sulphur Springs Dance Studio, Harper D."

Harper opened the luggage and packed her dance makeup, her dance shoes, her stretch bands, rolling balls, a charger, ETC. Harper then sighed before leaving her room to get her solo costume.

"Hope I don't mess up," Harper said to herself as she picked up her costume from the nearby hall closet. Her costume was a "two-piece set that includes a crop top and pants. A high neck crop top with power mesh ruffles and appliqué details at the shoulders. Mid-rise, wide leg power mesh pants have built-in briefs".

It was gorgeous, Harper thought. She just hopes that her dance will look as beautiful as the costume. Harper put her dance costume in a hanger bag and carried it back to her room. She went downstairs to get her team practice" uniform" to put on. Her "uniform" was low-rising mid-length shorts and a high-neck crop top that read "Sulphur Springs Dance Studio".

Once Harper got dressed she checked to make sure she had everything. She did.

Harper walked down her stairs with her Dance Luggage, her costume, and her dance backpack.

"Kay, you ready Harps" Jess said putting a hand on Harper's shoulder.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Harper said with a half fake half real smile.