Flu Fighter

·

·.★·.·'¯'·.·★ ★·.·'¯'·.·★.··.★·.·'¯'·.·★ ★·.·'¯'·.·★.·

Griffin and Harper, both seventeen years old, walked hand in hand down the bunker hallway. It was a sunny Friday afternoon, and despite the challenges of another eleventh-grade school day at Sulphur Springs High School, they didn't find it all that dreadful. Just last week, Griffin and Harper were crowned King and Queen of the 2024 SSHS Homecoming. Since then, they've been treated like royalty, which they genuinely loved. However, to unwind, they decided that a small adventure would be their perfect choice.

"Where do you want to go, Lovey?" asked Griffin, opening the bunker door with a sense of adventure.

"I'm not sure, but somewhere fast. I have-"

"Dance" Griffin interrupted, positioning himself in front of the radio, his hands resting gracefully on the table.

"It's a big week, Griffin. We're up against our rivals," Harper remarked.

"I know, and that's why we'll have you back before all your company rehearsals," promised Griffin, reaching for the radio. However, before he could activate it, the radio suddenly sprang to life with a mysterious hum and whirl.

Griffin and Harper exchanged puzzled glances, and in that moment, Nick emerged from the shadows. His body adored in a flannel pajama set.

"Hey," he grumbled, his voice slightly grouchy.

"Hi, bubba. What are you doing here?" Harper inquired, her smile radiating warmth.

"I wanted to come back and learn some stuff about the past for a history project I'm working on, It's on the 2020s," Nick explained softly.

The seventeen-year-olds nodded understandingly. Nick attempted to smile but could only manage a grimace as he clutched his stomach, sniffling.

"Are you okay?" asked Harper, her voice brimming with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Nick replied, straightening himself up.

"Your sure?" Harper persisted, crouching down in front of him. Before Nick could respond, his mom's hand found its way to his forehead, her eyes slightly widening at the results.

"Nick, you have a fever," informed Harper, concern etched on her face. Nick rolled his eyes.

"Bud, if you're sick, you should head back home," suggested Griffin.

"I'm not sick," Nick declared firmly, his nose wiped as he felt a sneeze escaping.

"I think you are," Harper responded, as Griffin crouched beside her, both teenagers keeping a watchful eye on their son.

"We don't want your sickness to worsen. Please, just go home for us," Griffin pleaded.

"Dad, I'm not sick," Nick whined, shifting his legs uneasily.