Tearful Nightmares

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐢𝐭

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐆𝐨𝐫𝐞

✫☼☾☁  ☁☾☼✫✫☼☾☁  ☁☾☼✫

Harper was scared. They were scared. Lexi and Juju are out to kill, all because Griffin fell for Harper. Griffin felt horrible for putting his girlfriend through this whole mess. He was responsible for the fresh wounds and scratches she would come home with -- something he was unable to accept. It was nightfall when the seventeen-year-olds were in Griffin's bedroom getting ready to sleep. Ultimately, they both determined that it was too hazardous to be apart from each other. With a deep breath, Griffin settled into his bed while Harper curled up in his lap. Griffin fixed his gaze on Harper's wrist. It was red and bruised. He held it tenderly in his hands and kissed her wounded skin.

"I'm sorry, Harper," Griffin said. She simply drew closer to him.

"It won't be like this forever," Griffin assured.

"I'm hoping so," Harper murmured. Griffin smiled at her and brushed a strand of her curly hair behind her ear.

"I love you" Griffin whispered

"I love you more" Harper replied before the two shared a kiss.

Griffin grinned before reaching for a cold gel pack from his nightstand and placing it on Harper's wrist. They did it every night at that point. Griffin turned off his lamp, leaving only the moon to provide light. Griffin reclined and embraced Harper, her head resting in the hollow of his neck, her safe haven. Griffin carefully placed his palm on top of the pack, laying Harper's wrist against his bare chest. It didn't take long for the 11th graders to fall asleep. Griffin will have beautiful dreams, as will...Sweet dreams, perhaps, for...Harper?

---

She was tethered to the wall, her boyfriend standing close by. The two of them were in a dimly-lit basement, flickering candles their only source of illumination. Tears streaming down their faces, they were both begging and pleading for assistance and salvation.

"We told you guys to keep your distance," Lexi remarked firmly.

"And you didn't," Juju concluded.

"You have to understand that Harper is my GIRLFRIEND." Griffin wept.

"Well, I was once your girlfriend as well." "You loved me-" Lexi argued.

"You were nothing more than a mistake""I've never loved you as much as I love Harper, Lexi." Griffin sobbed

"Really?" "LOOK AT YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" said Juju.

Griffin cast a peek towards Harper. Harper's cries overpowered the three as soon as they stopped rambling. She was terrified, terribly terrified.

Before Griffin could say anything, Lexi spoke up

"You love her so much that you put her through this?" She took a step closer to Griffin. Juju handed Lexi a knife in a quick yet deliberate motion.

Griffin and Harper tried to yank themselves free from the ropes' grip with a single glance, but it was too tight.

"Please, Alexis" Griffin sobbed

"You know" Lexi pressed the knife blade against Griffin's neck, saying, "I was going to kill you."

"But then I realized" "Killing you wouldn't help us," Lexi said as she drew the knife away.

"But you're killing your little lovey" Lexi pouted, "Would do the trick" Lexi smirked as she walked closer to Harper. She held the knife to her chest.

"GRIFFIN!" Harper yelled.

"TAKE ME!" Griffin screamed. Lexi came to a halt and lowered the knife.

"Instead, kill me. "Please keep Harper out of this." Griffin bawled

Lexi rose an eyebrow and turned to face Juju. She shook her head.

"All right," Lexi said. She returned her attention to her ex.

Harper wailed, "Griffin, please, no."

"I'll always love you." Forever-"

"Don't say that," Harper mewled

"Always, Harper. "Look at me, Lovey," Griffin said. His brown and swollen eyes met her tearful ones.

"Forever," Griffin whispered. That was before he let out an agonizing cry. Several stabs. His screams became increasingly loud.

"No!" Harper cried.  She grimaced as she saw the blood drain from her boyfriend. She screamed and screamed...and screamed

---

Harper yelled herself awake, scaring Griffin.

"Harper?" Griffin panicked, "What's the matter?"

Harper shook her head, her sobbing growing more audible. She only spoke in whines.

Griffin turned on his lamp and drew Harper into his lap. He caressed her back as she sank into his embrace.

"It's all right, Muffin. "You're fine." "Can you tell me what's wrong?" Griffin inquired sweetly.

"S...She..."

"It's okay, Lovey," Griffin whispered.

"She killed you," She sobbed.

"Who, Harps?" Griffin asked eagerly

"Lexi" Harper screamed before crying even more. Griffin let out a heavy sigh before nestling Harper's head against his neck.

"It's okay. I'm okay, Muffin. She's not gonna hurt me" Griffin reassured. Harper drew closer to his warmth.

"I'm gonna fix this, Okay? I promise" Griffin mumbled

Harper nodded before planting a small kiss on his neck. Griffin hugged her close.