S2 EP:3 Dying Desire

❂𐂷 𐂷❂❂𐂷 𐂷❂❂𐂷 𐂷❂❂𐂷 𐂷❂

"I was just curious: did any of you poison Harper?" She inquired

The class was silent. Griffin ensured he did not make eye contact with anyone at the moment. Then, a student raised their hand.

"Yes" Mrs. Courtney called on

"I didn't do it, but I think I might have an idea of who did" Lexi smirked

Griffin's heart raced as Lexi spoke, her words piercing through his consciousness with an intensity he couldn't ignore. With each passing second, his fear grew exponentially, fueled by the realization that Lexi wouldn't offer any help. In that moment, terror gripped him tightly, paralyzing his every thought.

"Hmm, would you?" Mrs. Courtney arched her brow, her green eyes full of hope yet uncertainty.

The redhead nodded, a proud smile growing across her face.

"Okay, come here" Mrs. Courtney motioned with her finger.

Lexi rose up and began heading down the aisle. She cast Griffin a glance before the 17-year-old exited the History room doors, followed by Mrs. C.

Griffin felt his mouth become dry. The pressure mounted as he turned around to see Juju's full smirk appear, a silent confirmation that their plot had been meticulously designed. The weight of the situation bore down on Griffin, pushing him towards uncharted territories of anxiety.

The door opening jolted Griffin out of his reverie, and Lexi entered with a satisfied smile, while Mrs. Courtney entered with a look of disbelief mixed with disappointment on her face.

"Griffin" she spoke, her voice filled with saddening "Come to the house office with me. Bring your stuff too"

Griffin nodded slowly before gathering his belongings, all eyes attracted to him by the 11th graders. Griffin rose from his desk and swung his backpack and athletics bag around his shoulders. He walked out the door without saying anything, and Mrs. Courtney gave the class one more look before following.

The walk down the hallway was awkward as the two didn't say anything to each other. The silence weighed heavily on Griffin and Mrs. Courtney, making them feel uncomfortable. However, a sense of relief washed over them as they finally arrived at the 11th grade house office, their sanctuary from the tense atmosphere. Mrs. Courtney pushed open the door, and the two entered. Griffin set his belongings down and sat on the chair in front of Mrs. Courtney's desk, which she occupied herself.

"Okay bud, Alexis told me that you did something to Harper. Is it true?" Mrs. Courtney asked, her voice filled with concern.

Griffin shifted uncomfortably, his eyes darting nervously. "No...I don't know," he stammered, anxiety evident in his tone.