If Only She Knew

hi, so this story is a collab with @Sossfan

Part 1

It was a cold and breezy day. Students roamed the campus of Sulphur Springs High School during the passing period, a time of 8 minutes of freedom before their next class. Although it may seem like a short span of time, anything could happen. Injuries, Emergencies, Breakdowns, Fights, Wait wha- FIGHTS? I'm just kidding... or am I?

Harper Dunn was by her locker, talking to her friends. One big circle. Her friend group. But they were missing one. Bailey. Well, whatever, she's probably just-

"HARPER!" Bailey exclaimed, making her way over to her.

"What?" Harper replied, puzzled.

"Griffin is freaking cheating on you," Bailey said.

Harper and her friends looked at each other in disbelief. Griffin cheating on Harper? Unbelievable.

"What are you talking about?" Ariana asked

Bailey pulled out her phone from her pocket "Look" She stated.

"An unknown number sent the photo to me" Bailey switched off her phone, and Harper looked stunned

"An unknown number sent the photo to me" Bailey switched off her phone, and Harper looked stunned. It was true - her boyfriend had been cheering on her. but why?

Jordyn tried to bring comfort, saying "It's all right, Harper".

Avery added, "He obviously isn't the right one for you."

Harper sighed and reminded them, "We've been together for four years - does that mean all the times he said 'I love you' were lies?"

Her friends glanced at each other in dismay before Bailey exclaimed in disbelief, "God"

Passion was worried as she asked, "What are you going to do?"

Harper was at a loss for words; feeling both sad and angry at Griffin's betrayal. Not wanting to stay in that moment any longer, she quickly strode away with a scoff and an eye roll.

"What's she doing?" Jordyn wondered aloud

Bailey grinned and replied, "Forensic Files, here we come!" With that the teens followed after Harper, chuckling all the way.

Harper skimmed through the hallways, ignoring all the waves from her other peers. She needed to find Griffin, and kill- I mean talk to him about the whole 'Cheating on Harper' matter. Harper eventually spotted Griffin, walking down the hall with his friends, all around him.

Harper wasted no time getting behind him and shoving him "What's so damn wrong with you?"

Griffin stumbled before he was able to catch himself. He spun around to witness the glowing death stare directed at him from his girlfriend.

"Harper? What's going on?" Griffin questioned inquisitively. Harper appeared confused.

"Hold on, hold on, hold on," Bailey interjected, hurrying up to the scene with her friends in tow.

"Harps, push him again - I wasn't recording yet!" Bailey immediately pulled out her phone, causing other eleventh-grade students to do the same.

Griffin expressed his annoyance by rolling his eyes and then took hold of Harper's hand, leading them to a more secluded area. They went downstairs and then under them.

As soon as they arrived, Harper promptly removed her hand from Griffin's grip

"Harper, what's wrong?" Griffin demanded

"Your cheating on me" Harper hissed

Griffin made a confused face "What are you talking about?"

"And you were gonna keep it a secret" Harper stated

Griffin rose an eyebrow "I really don't know what you mean" he defended

"4 years" Harper reminded "I obviously mean nothing to you"

"Nothing to me? Your my whole world, Harper. I don't know what you're talking about" Griffin pleaded

Harper scoffed "It's really that easy for you isn't it? Not even think about what you said" Her voice trembled "You called me annoying, Griffin"

Griffin vehemently denied the accusation, reaching out for Harper's hand. "I would never," he spoke fervently.

"Don't touch me!" she shouted, pulling away and tears brimming in her eyes. "I thought you loved me."

"I do," he insisted earnestly, his voice filled with emotion. "More than you could ever imagine."

"YOU DON'T DO THIS TO PEOPLE YOU LOVE" Harper yelled

"DO WHAT?, HARPER I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR EVEN TALKING ABOUT" Griffin screamed back

Harper looked stunned. She swallowed down a sob "Griffin, I don't think this is working anymore"

"What?" Griffin mumbled

"Harper, please" He begged "I live for you, I live for us-"

"There is no us. Don't you understand?" Harper argued

"Harp-"

"Let's take a break, Griffin" She backed away. "Find me again when it's REAL" Harper assured.

"Lovey?" Griffin whispered, his voice cracking.

"It's Harper," she murmured before disappearing in a blink of an eye. Griffin rushed back to the stairs, but all he saw was her walking back up them, where she met with her friends, crying. Bailey was descending the stairs.

"Bailey, what's she trying to say?" Griffin urged

Bailey, who sighed, "This is your fault, Griffin." He raised an eyebrow, and Bailey responded, "You find a way to make it right," before fleeing.

Kaden, Griffin's friend, approached him and patted his shoulder, saying, "It's okay, Man." Griffin's tears stung his eyes as they walked to class.

💔