Chapter 3

at 1:26 pm

Griffin (Topher) and his family had just arrived at the competition. Griffin had never been to a dance competition. Sure he's been to a recital, but this was a competition. Much more complex. Griffin knew Harper was an excellent dancer, and she was at her dance studio a lot working her butt off.

When Griffin and his family walked into the building of the competition he was completely amused by all the chatter, the people, and the slight chaos. He almost got caught in the crowd before his mom pulled him through the door of the auditorium.

Griffin was amazed by how big the stage was, the lights, the camera, and the huge backdrop that read Up Stage National Dance Competition. He wondered how Harper could dance on a stage as big as this, he knew if he was up there dancing he would have looked like a deer in headlights.

He and his family took their seats in the auditorium. Once Griffin got settled he opened the brochure of the Dance competition. He skimmed through the entries, not paying attention until He saw his friend's (crush's) name. It read "Entry Number 84: Harper Dunn - "Can You Hear Me?, Sulphur Springs Dance Studio". He smiled as he read her title.

" Hi guys," Jess said walking down the aisle up to their seats.

"Hey," Ben and Sarah said in sync as they both stood up to give Jess a light hug

Jess took a seat next to Ben and Topher.

"Do you know when Harpers coming out?" Sarah asked

"No, all I know is she is entry number 84, and the Tiny, Mini Petite, Junior, and Teen division has already competed in solos," Jess said

" So like an hour, or 2," Jess said sounding somewhat sure

"Okay," Ben said sounding satisfied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2:14 pm

After warms up. The team went to put on their costumes. Everyone put on their group dance costumes while Harper put on her solo costume.

Everyone was in and out of the bathroom, but Harper was taking a bit longer than usual

" Where's Harper," Coach Lotus said as he scanned the room and didn't see her.

" She's still changing I guess" River said

Everyone was at their makeup case table. Some tried to figure out what the makeup look was for the dance, and others called their parents to come and help them.

"Let me go see," Saylor said, getting up from her chair to exit the dressing room. waking up to the restroom

-------------

Restroom

"Harppie, you look so good," Heritage said as Harper stood in front of the mirror admiring herself

"For real!" Harper said, agreeing with her friend.

"Your boyfriend's gonna love this" Liberty said smiling coming out of a stall.

Harper just sighed, chuckled a little, and shook her head

The bathroom went silent as the door opened loudly. It was Saylor

"What's going on in-"

Saylor could barely finish her sentence when she saw Harper.

"Harper, you look stunning," Saylor said, walking over to Harper and looking at the mirror in front of her.