Drowning In Love

Based on my 'I Need To Make Her Jealous' series

°•.•°¤*✬.•°°• °•°•.✬*¤°•.•°°•.•°¤*✬.•°°• °•°•.✬*¤°•.•°

"God" She groaned "Just look at them"

It was a Friday after school, and Rivington Drive was rapidly becoming crowded. The excitement was palpable, for it happened to be Bailey Moody's 17th birthday. To commemorate this special occasion, a grand pool party was in full swing. Cars lined the street, surrounding Bailey's home, while more vehicles continued to pour in as if on a relentless mission. The backyard echoed with booming music, and tantalizing aromas of delicious food filled the air. But hidden among the bushes were two girls, one a redhead and the other with brunette, closely watching the people who came in. To their dismay, they spotted Griffin and Harper, strolling hand in hand along the concrete path toward the backyard.

The brunette couldn't help but comment, "Damn, Griffin is toned"

"Oh my god, Juju, Focus. We can talk about how hot Griffin looks without a shirt on later" Lexi hissed, her eyes still fixated on the couple until they disappeared into the backyard, causing her to release a heavy sigh.

"Did Bailey even invite us?" Juju inquired. Lexi turned her head to face her, raising an intrigued eyebrow.

"Invite us? She invited me," Lexi replied. Juju wore a confused expression.

"Is your brother coming?" Lexi asked, her eyes scanning another approaching group of students.

"No, he's at football practice," Juju responded. And as she spoke, a perplexed expression formed on her brow.

"Lexi, Do you have any siblings-"

"Ready to go in?" She interjected. Juju's initial confusion transformed into a gentle smile, accompanied by a nod. And with that, they both rose to their feet, emerging from their lofty stance. The pair then ventured down the paved path, leading them towards the backyard. With a gentle touch from Lexi, the fence door effortlessly swung open, emitting a satisfying click. In that very moment, an overwhelming wave of chaos engulfed them, hitting them like a sudden slap in the face.

Of course, Lexi and Juju knew Bailey was popular, but in their grade level, they only thought, so seeing a few freshman, sophomores, and even seniors roaming the large space surprised them. The scene was set with a sprawling food table, brimming with an abundance of mouthwatering Chick-Fil-A delicacies. The sight was further enhanced by the gleaming gold balloons and festive streamers adorning every corner, creating an atmosphere of pure celebration. And to top it all off, a vibrant banner boldly proclaimed the words 'Happy 17th Birthday Bailey'. Amidst the crowd of students, Lexi's eyes locked onto Griffin. Engrossed in conversation with his closest buddies, he stood alongside Harper, happily engrossed in her own lively chat with a circle of girlfriends. However, before long, the two conversations melded together, and laughter erupted from the group of teenagers.