Dancing Through A Dream

⟣°•°⟢  ⟣°•°⟢

⟣°•°⟢  ⟣°•°⟢

AU

The year was 2024. On a busy, cold, and breezy night, Mr. and Mrs. Campbell were on the phone with 20 different restaurants it felt like, trying to plan out the catering for Zoey's 15th birthday party - her first celebration separate from her twin brother Wyatt's which had taken place the previous week. Zoey was certain that this special occasion would be extraordinary; she could sense it. Zoey and Harper were upstairs in Zoey's bedroom, selecting an outfit for the big day. Even the Dunn kids managed to enter the busy residence. Topher, accompanied by his friend Wyatt, was in Griffin's room. The three of them conversed until one of them raised the stakes.

"Wait, You like my sister?" Griffin asked.

"Yeah. Like a lot" Topher spoke. Wyatt nodded.

"You knew about this?" Griffin questioned

"Ever since that Orlando trip" Wyatt shrugged "So like a few weeks ago"

Griffin rose an eyebrow "That was 7 months ago"

Wyatt looked taken aback "God, does time go by fast-"

"Wait" Griffin interjected "Does Zoey know you like her?"

"No? I don't know" Topher arose to his feet "I want to impress her" He sighed

"Maybe at her party, you could?" Wyatt suggested

"But how?" Topher paced around the room

Griffin got an idea "Dance for her"

Topher stopped his movements "That might work, but I don't know how to dance. Who would teach me?"

In disbelief, Griffin and Wyatt glanced at each other.

Griffin held out his phone "Does this answer your question?". Topher leaned in.

He pulled back "What does this have to do with your pizza being ready?"

"What- Oh!" Griffin turned his phone around before sliding it back into his pocket

"Why would you order a pizza at midnight?" Topher wondered

"Midnight snacks" Griffin grinned "But that's not the point-"

"Topher! You live with a competitive dancer, Dummy" Wyatt reminded

Topher chuckled "Like Harper would ever teach ME how to dance" He scoffed

"She would. Just ask" Griffin affirmed "She rarely says no to me"

"That's cause your her boyfriend" Topher mentioned

Griffin smiled a little "I'm her what?"

Wyatt rose an eyebrow "Her boyfriend?"

Griffin fell back into his pillows "Say it again-"