S2 EP:1 Forced to Grow Up

AU

"Oh my god"

His words trembled out of his mouth, his thoughts racing. Griffin didn't even bother to pick up the tiny box from the floor or his snacks, as he quickly rushed upstairs, not even worrying about waking up the hotel. With the pregnancy test grasped tightly in his hand, he made his way down the hallway toward his bedroom. In a moment of anticipation, he swung the door open, only to be greeted by the sight of his girlfriend, comfortably lounging on his bed with her phone in hand. Her cascading curls cascaded down her back, her attire consisting of a black sports bra paired with flannel shorts.

Upon catching sight of him, Harper looked up from her phone, her eyes meeting his. "Did you get the food, bubby?"

"Um...No," Griffin said, firmly closing the door behind him. Weary from the events, he walked over to his bed and sank down on the edge. Sensing his distress, Harper positioned herself closer, kneeling with her feet tucked beneath her. Observing the visible strain on the 17-year-old's face, Harper's own expression contorted into a pout. With a compassionate gesture, she leaned in and gently pressed her lips against his ear, evoking an immediate smile from Griffin. However, his expression swiftly transformed into one of deep concern as he met her gaze, his eyes betraying his worries.

"I have to ask you something," he stated. She acknowledged with a nod.

"So, when Lucas kidnapped you..." Griffin began, already sensing Harper's unease as her legs subtly shuffled.

"Griffin," she whimpered.

"Hey, Hey, I know you don't like talking about it, but I need to find something out," he persisted.

"When Lucas took you, Were you ra-"

"Yes," Harper whispered, her voice filled with a mix of urgency and emotion, as her eyes began to well up, threatening to release a floodgate of tears. Sensing her vulnerability, Griffin tenderly grazed his fingertips against hers, In that moment, their fingers intertwined.

Lost in his thoughts, Griffin stared intently at the floor, his expression vacant and distant. Breaking the silence, he finally mustered the courage to share the recent turn of events.

"There was something in the mail, and it was a note from Lucas" he uttered, the weight of his words hanging in the air. Harper's eyes widened in astonishment, her anticipation growing with each passing second.

Griffin's voice trembled slightly as he continued, "The note talked about how upset he is, but what caught my attention was a box that came with it... and a pregnancy test was inside."

With a cautious movement, Griffin gradually unveiled his left hand from its hiding place behind his back. Time stood still as Harper's gaze fixated on the pregnancy test, her mind overwhelmed with a cascade of thoughts and emotions.

"For you and for me, we need to know," Griffin asserted with unwavering determination. Harper fixed her gaze upon him, her eyes becoming teary and her quivering lips revealing her overwhelming emotions.

"No matter what happens, I'm gonna be here for you," Griffin reassured, tightening his grip on their intertwined hands.

"Do you promise?" Harper's voice quivered with uncertainty.

"I swear. Don't cry, Muffin," Griffin uttered with a gentle chuckle, before cradling Harper in his embrace. As he held her close, her thighs gliding against his waist, he reassured her in a soothing tone.

"You're going to take the test, and everything will turn out fine, Harper." With tender affection, Griffin delicately caressed Harper's hair, placing a handful of tender kisses behind her ear.