Dangerous Moves

Word Count: 21, 635k (hehehe...i kinda feel like i delivered with this one-shot)

·.★·.·'¯'·.·★  ★·.·'¯'·.·★.··.★·.·'¯'·.·★ ★·.·'¯'·.·★.·

Studio A was filled with a multitude of dancers. Their faces displayed a flushed and overheated complexion, while strands of hair clung to their perspiring faces. At approximately 4:15 P.M on a sunny Monday afternoon in December 2024, all the competitive teams of Sulphur Springs Dance Studio were summoned to the premises. During Nationals week, the tension was palpable as Coaches prepared to announce the qualifiers. The atmosphere was charged with anticipation, knowing that some would leave the studio beaming with joy while others would be left in tears. In a fierce hip-hop class, the senior company and elite dancers were all clad in hoodies and leggings, exuding a sense of unity. The thunderous music from the speakers gradually faded into silence, as the dancers gracefully moved towards their final pose, their chests heaving with exhaustion and anticipation.

"Yes!," Mr. Allan declared from his position behind the group of teenagers as they made their way towards their water bottles, neatly arranged in front of the mirror. The teens promptly collapsed onto the ground and settled into a seated position, eagerly quenching their thirst with their water bottles.

In that very moment, the intercom burst into life, filling the air with a commanding presence.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the moment has arrived to reveal the names of our Senior and Elite Company qualifiers for Nationals." boomed a woman's voice, resonating with a rugged intensity that captured everyone's focus.

Zoey's heart pounded in her chest, its rhythm accelerating with each passing second. Harper, on the other hand, nervously nibbled on her lower lip, her anticipation mounting with every passing word.

"Congratulations to Kayla Reeves, Daya Upvall, Audree Wells, Kenzie Caba, Lilly Zenith, Scarlett Fitz, Skylar Land, and Sadie Tosca, the esteemed qualifiers of our senior company." The women's voice resonated through the air, her words carrying a weight that could not be ignored. And in a matter of seconds, the hip hop class was engulfed in a symphony of screams of pure elation, echoing from every corner of the studio.

"Congratulations to Heritage North, Kota Carter, Camry Woodgrip, Matt Caba, Saylor Seasak, and Rylann Caddel, our Elite Company qualifiers. Well done!"

The air grew heavy with the echoes of exultant shrieks and fervent embraces, engulfing the room in a symphony of jubilation. Amidst the euphoria, Zoey and Harper remained motionless, their souls burdened with disappointment, their eyes widened in disbelief.

"Oh, I deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused. Harper Dunn and Zoey Campbell, both Elites, have also successfully qualified as well. All the qualifiers will soon receive their routine information. We appreciate your hard work and dedication. Remember, a significant opportunity may be just around the corner!" The intercom was disconnected with a click. Zoey and Harper exchanged a relieved glance, sharing a chuckle before embracing each other.

·.★·.·'¯'·.·★ 4hrs. ★·.·'¯'·.·★.·

The night had fallen, signaling the end of another grueling day for the Elite Competition team at Sulphur Springs Dance Studio. With their heavy team bags resting on their backs, the 14 teenagers stepped out of the locker room, their names beautifully embroidered on the front pocket, garnering admiration from onlookers.

Coach Lotus stood resolutely outside the entrance of studio B, his hand pointing towards the gateway. "All Nationals Qualifiers meet in here," he declared with unwavering conviction.