S1 EP:3 The Blood of Betrayal

It was challenging. Griffin found it difficult to comprehend what Juju and Destiny had conveyed to him. What could they have been implying? It was almost the end of the fifth period of the day. Griffin and Harper were in a team-building class, whereas Juju was partaking in a band class on the other side of the school (thankfully).  In team building, everyone was scattered throughout the room. The group had been separated into multiple sections which were providing information with regards to an assignment they worked on together. Griffin, Harper, and some other acquaintances were situated in a circle closer to the back of the room with their laptops close by.

"Ok, Who wants to go first," A classmate named Isriel asked

"Um... I nominate Harper" Griffin said, holding his laptop close to his chest

"Yeah, go, Harps," Avalynn said, gesturing to Harper

"Um...ok?" Harper said, opening up her laptop, knowing she didn't write anything

"..."

Just then the bell rang. 5th period was over

"Oh, Thank god," Harper said, relieved, as she and her group stood up

They all chuckled

Griffin and Harper, along with the rest of the class, collected their belongings and departed. 6th period was on their agenda. The duo walked down the hall hand in hand, eliciting waves and smiles from the other students. Unfortunately, not all felt joy in the 6th period for some had to take Athletics; a less desirable activity that requires physical exertion. Juliette Caspian's presence made matters worse for Griffin and Harper wishing they could drop out of the class. Eventually, they arrived at the gymnasium in preparation for 6th period.

"Milady," Griffin said, letting go of Harper's hand, and opening the gym door, only for his girlfriend to walk through

Harper smiled and was about to walk through the door when Juju pushed her out of the way

"Aww, thanks Griffey," said Juju, ambling through.

Griffin repulsed at the nickname

Before walking through the door, Harper rolled her eyes. Griffin followed.

----------------------------------------------------

The boys and the girls were now separated. They changed into the (ugly) athletics uniforms in their respective locker rooms, with loud noises emanating from each one. The boy's locker room had a distinct smell of sweat and cologne, while the girl's locker room smelt of deodorant and perfume. After changing, they all left the locker rooms and returned to the gym where they took their assigned seats. Griffin noticed Harper hadn't come out yet; he was seated very close to her due to their last names being near each other on the roll call list—which also meant he was next to Juju. Ugh.

"Hey, um who sits here?" Coach Waylon asked as he saw an empty spot, somewhat in the middle of the room

"That's Harper," Cole said simply

"She hasn't come back yet?" Coach Waylon wondered

"I guess not"

"Um...ok"

Coach Waylon's eyes marveled around the gym full of kids, he stopped on a familiar someone

"Juju!" Coach said

"Can you go see what's taking Harper so long?"

Juju normally would have said no, but she thought it was the perfect opportunity to set Harper straight. She stood up and walked out of the room, much to Griffin's displeasure; he didn't trust Juju around his girlfriend. When Juju entered the girl's locker room, she saw Harper taking her time brushing her hair -- a task she loathed due to Athletics. She stayed in plain sight as Harper reverted to her athletics locker, putting away the brush and making adjustments in its tiny mirror. Harper stepped back with surprise when she noticed Juju standing there.