Torn Apart (Part 2)

██▓▒­░⡷⠂⠐⢾░▒▓████▓▒­░⡷⠐⢾░▒▓██

With a delicate touch, Harper's hand caressed the silver doorknob, coaxing it to yield to her will as it obediently began to rotate.

In Sulphur Springs, Louisiana, darkness had descended upon the town. The recent tornado had left its mark, wreaking havoc on various establishments, including Sulphur Springs High School. The medical facilities were bustling with activity as students sought treatment for their injuries and ailments caused by the destructive storm. However, for Harper, the pain she felt was not physical but rather emotional. Her beloved, who was once just a crush but now her partner, lay in the hospital, fighting for his life. It was only natural for her to return after a few hours, yearning to be by his side, to experience his presence once more. The longing within her was overwhelming.

Harper opened the door to reveal her boyfriend, all sorts of wires hooked up to him as his chest, struggled to fall up and down at a steady pace. His face was adored with an air mask, making Harper's heart wrench. She closed the door softly and approached the 17 year old, it was only that, that made her eyes water. Slowly, Harper lowered her hand to brush against Griffin's fingers. It was a delicate touch, but it was almost like she could feel Griffin's body slightly relax.

Griffin's lips quivered in disbelief as his eyes began to flutter open. A name escaped his trembling lips, barely audible, "H-Harp?"

In response, Harper's eyes widened ever so slightly, a hint of surprise dancing within them, as she swiftly uttered her words.

"It's me, Harper. Are you alright?" The 17-year-old inquired, her heart brimming with hope.

Griffin expressed his pain, stating, "No, It hurts so bad."

Harper desperately tried to offer comfort, her voice trembling, "Don't give up, Griffin. I promise, things will get better and-"

"You might as well just let me go," Griffin whispered, his eyes filled with a haunting emptiness as they locked with Harper's. In that moment, her heart shattered, tears cascading down her face.

"I will never let you go," Harper whimpered, her chest heaving with sobs that tore through her. Suddenly, a knock echoed through the room, followed by the creaking of the door.

"Miss Dunn, there's someone here to see you," a doctor announced. Harper wiped her tear-stained face and made her way towards the exit. As she turned the corner, she was met by Savannah, a tall blonde figure standing before her.

The doctor hastened his departure, leaving Savannah shattered as her words dissolved into a torrent of tears.

"Sorry, Harper. I didn't mean to hurt Griffin. It's on me. "With her emerald eyes swollen and bloodshot, she desperately covered her mouth, attempting to stifle her cries.

Harper's arms stretched out, wordlessly beckoning. Savannah's heart broke, and she moved closer, tears streaming down her face. The golden-haired beauty enveloped Harper in a warm embrace, while Harper's arms encircled Savannah's delicate neck.