S1 EP:2 Don't Look Away

"Where are Griffin and Harper?"

It was Monday, and Sulphur Springs High School was in session. The fifth period was underway for all students; however, Griffin and Harper were absent from Mrs. Hensley's class. None of their fellow classmates seemed to be bothered by the absence of the two, but Juju couldn't help but ponder over what they might be doing. Especially since they were in a relationship with each other.

" I haven't seen them since lunch," Adelaide said, sitting at her desk

"There probably making out in the bathroom" Juju mumbled, annoyed

"What was that, Juliette," Mrs. Hensley said, raising an eyebrow

"Um...Nothing" Juju spoke, realizing she had herd

"Mhmm" Mrs. Hensley nodded slowly

Mrs. Hensley walked back over to her teacher's desk and took a seat. She put on her glasses and looked towards the class. "Well, enough of waiting on them," she said. "Please open your computers and log into Move Through Math; I have assigned a lesson." 

 The students followed Mrs. Hensley's instructions, eagerly launching their laptops and logging in to the online program. Eight minutes later, Harper and Griffin burst through the door, surprising everyone in the room.

"Griffin!, Harper! We see you have decided to join us" Mrs. Hensley said, taking off her glasses

"We're sorry, Mrs. Hensley" Harper spoke, sincerely

" I had to stop by the gym. Coach Waylon wanted to see me for something"

"And I had to go to the office. My mom dropped off my dance clothes" Harper said, holding up her dance duffel bag

"Ok" Mrs. Hensley quoted

"Just sit in your-"

"NOPE, NOPE, I DON'T BELIVE THEM" Juju blurted out

"THERE JUST LYING. SEND 'EM TO THE PRINCIPLES OFFICE-"

"Juju, stop," A classmate named Destiny said, trying to calm her friend down

"STOP" Juju yelled, as she digressed her friends pulling

"JULIETTE" Mrs. Hensley yelled, startling everyone. It was so loud they all swore to god that other classes heard.

"Step out of the room" Mrs. Hensley instructed, pointing to the door

"But Mrs. Hensley-"

"NOW!"

Juju got up from her seat and walked down the aisle of the desk. Slouching as she exited the room.

"Please take your seats, Harper and Griffin," Mrs. Hensley said, straightening herself back up

Harper and Griffin wasted no time in finding their seats.

"Please just go back to Move Through Math, I'll be outside the door"

Mrs. Hensley walked out the door, leaving a class full of 11th graders alone.

Mrs. Hensley had a discussion with Juju regarding her behavior, but it was clear that Juju did not have much concern for the outcome. All of the students had returned to their desks and were continuing to work on their Move Through Math assignments. Soon after, Mrs. Hensley's phone indicated that there were only five more minutes of class left. As a special teacher, she declared the rest of the time to be free time as soon as the timer sounded.

"Ok, boys and girls, That's it for today. Free time!" Mrs. Hensley declared

The class became loud, as people started to pack up their things