Kept Awake (Part 3)

Griffin was in a pinch. His sick girlfriend, along with three unruly teens were proving to be too much for him to handle on his own. Difficult as it was for him to admit, Griffin needed some assistance. Taking out his phone, he opened the contacts list and searched for a name that could provide the help he so desperately sought after. And who always seemed to make one feel good and be someone you can depend upon? The answer was clear - someone of celebrity status - and so Griffin made that call

Matt: Hey, GG

Griffin: Matt! Help!

Matt: What's wrong?

Griffin: My parents, along with Harper's went out of town, and now I'm left "home alone", and I have to do everything

Griffin: Like feeding these kids

Matt: Don't worry, Griffin. I'll bring something over in a little bit

Griffin: There's more

Matt: What?

Griffin: 2 words. Harper. Sick

Matt gasped

Matt: ILL BE OVER IN 5

Before Griffin had an opportunity to respond, Matt had already disconnected. Knowing that he could depend on Matt for this situation, Griffin felt assured; after all, Matt would do anything for his friends--especially Harper. As a result of the adversity, he and Matt had grown closer as companions and now were always ready to lend a hand.With that thought in mind, Griffin placed his phone back in his pocket and proceeded upstairs. There he found Topher with the twins who had changed their attire. They were now heading downstairs it seemed.

"What are you guys doing?" Griffin asked

"Ice cream," Wyatt said

"No, you first have to pick up all that tarp" Griffin reminded

"Griffin" Zoey groaned

"Zoey" Griffin groaned back before rolling his eyes, as the three 15-year-olds strolled down the stairs.

Griffin made his way back to his room, opening the door carefully to reveal his girlfriend sound asleep. He smiled at this precious sight before shutting the door behind him and lying down on the bed beside her. Gazing up at the ceiling, he waited for sleep to overtake him as well, ensuring that his girlfriend remained safe.

--------------

Time had elapsed. The three Musketeers were now inhabiting Zoey's room, playing a tedious game Griffin reported. Griffin was still reclining on his bed, but Harper was now atop him. He wasn't quite sure how she had ascended there, but he didn't say anything; in fact, he savored it. Just then, the doorbell sounded from downstairs and Griffin knew exactly who it was.

"Harper" Griffin whispered

He stated, "I have to get the door," yet nothing happened. Harper nestled closer into him, which caused him to start shifting in an attempt to escape her embrace. In response, she only whimpered.

"No need to worry," Griffin said, trying to provide comfort. "It won't take long."

Harper maintained her grip on him as he managed to leave the bed, cradling his partner in his arms. He proceeded down the stairs and opened the doorway, exiting the premises.

"Hi Griffin," Matt said with a smile

"Matt" Griffin sighed

"Thank god you're here," Griffin said, before letting Matt through the door. They both traveled to the dining area of the Tremont.