When you have a nightmare

Sarah
she would wake up to see you clutching your chest in fear, trying so hard to calm yourself down so you didn't wake her up, but Sarah lunges herself toward you and holds you to her chest, stroking your hair and rocking you side to side, she could feel how fast your heart was beating and your sobs broke her heart, she asked you what had happened and you told her that you dreamt of losing her and that it was all your fault, Sarah made sure to tell you that if you ever did lose her which she wouldn't let that happen it would never be your fault, you took comfort in that but you was still shaken up by your horrific nightmare, Sarah laid down with you on-top of her and you reluctantly fell back to sleep.

Winnie
you would wake up crying and literally screaming your heart out, Winnie would be terrified and sad at the same time, she had never seen you that way, she would pick you up in her arms and run her hand up and down your back until your sobs got quieter, she would ask you whatever was the matter and you would tell her it was a dream about your father and the time you saw him hurting your mother, you told her about the whole thing her, she would have tears in her eyes thinking about how little you were and having to experience something that traumatic, she would get you a drink and a snack, and let you lay your head on her chest so you could copy her breathing, you eventually fell asleep and Winnie stayed up the whole night to make sure you were okay and safe, she knew as soon as you woke up she would look for a spell to eliminate any nightmares from your mind, not just for you but for her also, seeing you like that is something she never hopes to see again.