Chapter Sixteen: Birthday Surprise

YSA'S POV

It was night time when marinette and I decided to rest outside my bedroom balcony,we were talking about her time from school since I went back to London.

"And you know,what? My classmate is such a liar! She really lived up to her name. Lie-la!" She said while pouting. I gave her a confused look.

"Lila? Why does she sounds familiar?" I put a finger to my chin.

"Oh, she's just this liar girl that goes everywhere and lies about having make-up deceases to make everyone pity her."

"Ah! Yeah,I remember." I mumbled. She's the girl at my photoshoot last year,the one who said she had a leg injury just so she can pass through the crowd of paparazzi's to be in front. But when I was about to leave, I saw her running after me. No injuries at all. She shouted her name is Lila and she's from Paris. Does that makes sense?

"You were saying something?" Marinette pulled me from my thought.

"No not at all. But why are you so affected about her? It's her lie,not yours." I said,looking at the sky. I'm sure it will be a bright morning tomorrow. There's so many stars.

"I'm not! It's just that-- she's lying so she can come closer to Adrien." I shot her a stare when I heard her say his name.

"Really?" I question and she nodded.

"She's sitting at the back of our class and lied about having difficulty hearing just so she can sit beside Adrien." She grunted. I gave her a small laugh.

"Seriously,Ysa? This is not a laughing matter. It's about Adrien, and he's having a-- oh my god!!" She suddenly shriek like banshee making me jump up my chair.

"What the hell Marinette?! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I said to her then slap her in the arm.

"I'm so sorry, I just remembered Adrien's birthday surprise for tomorrow. Some of our friends will come,wanna join us?" She said. Adrien's birthday is tomorrow? What a coincidence.

"But I didn't bought a gift for him. I didn't know." She just laughed at me

"It's okay! I'm sure he will be happy to see you. He thought you wouldn't come back, geez! He sure is fan-boying at you." She answered and I laughed at the thought of him being my fan.

"Okay,okay! I know it will be a surprise,so mind if I join the plan?" I offered and her eyes sparkled at the thought before hugging me.

It's already late when Marinette and I decided to end our discussion and go to bed so that we can wake up early to start the surprise plan. I was laying in bed and keep staring at the gray ceiling of my room,Jinro seemed to notice it so he flew infront of me.

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" He asked.

"Just some random thoughts"

"If it's just a random thought,you wouldn't keep sighing 3 times for the past 5 minutes,Ysa." He said not convinced about what I answered.

"Okay, fine. I'm starting to get guilty about my decision." I confessed.

"Guilty about lying not to come back? Or because of your vacation?" I growled in annoyance and he seemed to get it.

"But Allison said that you don't have to worry about it." He said and I sat up.

"Allison said not to worry myself, she didn't said not to feel guilty about it,Jinro. And that's what I'm feeling right now, I feel it's my fault that she had to start a new job because of my personal choice. Why is it so hard to keep everyone happy?" I said while cupping my face.