Special Chapter 2 (20k): Beomgyu's 18th Birthday

I awoke to a heavenly smell coming from the kitchen. Today was my birthday! Although, I still had to go to school...oh well, today will be a happy day for me no matter what. I quickly got out of bed and made my way to the kitchen to greet whoever was cooking.

"Oh? Good morning, Hueningkai? Uhm...you're cooking the breakfast today?" Hueningkai looked at me like I was dumb or something. That definitely didn't fit well on such a good day. "Of course not. I'm only watching on it, actually, your dad cooked!"

Phew, thank goodness. I wouldn't have been able to eat Hueningkai's breakfast...the guy barely knows how to "make" cereal! "I'll go get ready, and also...don't you think your missing something?" "Uhm, what?" "Ahem, today's March 13 for a reason..." "Ah! Yeah, happy birthday my lovely brother Beomgyu." 

With a satisfied expression, I left to get ready for school. It IS my birthday today, so I should at least try dressing better then I usually do. Light jeans are my favorite to wear, and they always look nice with an unbuttoned dress shirt on top. I just need to wear a white t-shirt under. I also decided to wear my new white sneakers, that I don't usually like wearing...I just don't want to ruin the beautiful clean white color of them!

'Dang Beomgyu, you look quite handsome huh?' Sorry, when I look at myself in the mirror, I just can't help but admire my attractive face. That is until Bahiyyih walks in and looks at me weirdly. "...Not even going to ask, happy birthday Beomgyu! Come down for breakfast, that your dad made especially for you."

I quickly follow her down the hallway to the kitchen. On the table I see a feast, of all my favorite breakfast foods! My mouth waters as I scan the table left to right. There are regular eggs, scrambled eggs, avocado toast, breakfast burritos, and even pancakes! I quickly sit down at my usual spot on the table and pick up a little of everything to put on my plate.

"Thank you for the food dad, I'll enjoy it well!" "Enjoy it while you can, you're going to be late for school!" That's when I looked at the clock and realized we only had about 15 minutes until school started. I quickly dug into my food, and tried to savor the taste while I could. School lunch is never as good as home-cooked meals.

After a brief goodbye to the adults, me, Kai, and Hiyyih all started the walk to school. As you can see, I'm not walking to school with Yeonjun today. Well, it's actually because I told him a while ago that I preferred spending time with my friends in the morning and I could meet up and talk to him during and after school instead. He was a bit hesitant at first, but agreed with my suggestion, because he wanted to make me happy.

So now, I walk to school with Kai and Hiyyih, and usually come back with them too, unless I have plans with Yeonjun. Plans with Yeonjun mostly consist of get-togethers at a cafe just so Yeonjun can stare at me. (Don't tell him that I told you. Yeonjun doesn't actually know that I can tell he's staring at me, more then actually listening to what I'm saying.)

I don't mind though! It's kind of fun acting like you don't know, just so you can make fun of him secretly by yourself later. "Thank you for the breakfast, Dad! We'll be leaving now." After stuffing one last pancake in my mouth, I got up to wear my shoes and backpack. 

On the walk to school, me, and the two huening's like to talk about drama that happens at school. Today our topic was... the rumor of two students in Hiyyih's year who supposedly were making out in the bathroom. No matter how invested I am in my own relationship, I don't think I would go that far at school...just- not my cup of tea. 

Before Hiyyih could finish explaining the details of how the two students were caught, we had made it to the front of the school. As usual, there was different groups of people talking with each other in front of the entrance. They're usually just the kids who don't care about being late to class.