[43] His Hollow Carapace

You quickly pick yourself up from the ground, exhilaration pumping through your veins as you take a deep breath, sprinting into action and leap into the air. 

Taking inspiration from Luigi, you position yourself between Bowser and Peach, determined to protect her from harm. Your heart racing as you stand your ground. "You won't take her from us, especially not while I'm here!" You shout, your voice shaking with a mixture of fear and resistance. 

Bowser's voice booms as he steps forward, looming over you. "Step aside, woman." He says aggressively, provoking fear to rise within you once again. 

Feeling your heart pounding in your chest as you stand your ground, determined not to give in to the urge to melt into a puddle and disappear.

Despite having angered Bowser twice already, you remain firm in your resolve to stand up for yourself. Refusing to be intimidated by his threats, even though it would be easier to step aside and let him have his way. Instead, you hold your ground, your eyes fixed unwaveringly on his, and wait to see what he will do next. "If you're going to order me around, at least use my name since you already know it," You declare, your tone sharp and almost biting, much like a snapping turtle ready to take a chunk out of its prey. Remembering the first time you told him your name during the agreement and the phrase, "It's burned into your brain because you'll never forget it even if you tried."

"(F/n)," He starts, fighting his pent-up anger. "Step. Aside." The man repeats his previous words.

You shake your head furiously. "No!" You reply harshly, tears forming in your eyes, holding your gaze firmly on his threatening glare.

Bowser groans in frustration, like he's at odds with what to do.

This confused you since you thought he'd do whatever it took to snatch Peach away, even if it meant hurting you in the process. And not just mentally but physically as well.

But he didn't.

Instead, he raises his hand, signaling to Kamek to get ready to work with his magic, ordering the magician without saying a word.

Kamek appears behind Bowser and sighs, not wanting to continue this ordeal but having no choice.

Your eyes land on his despite the giant thick glasses he wore.

"I'm sorry, (F/n)..." He mouths emphatically before raising his wand and waving it around.

A colorful aura wraps your body, holding you in the air and carefully maneuvering you away from the two. It restricted any movement on your behalf, making you watch what came next.

"Peaches, you either come with me peacefully, or I'll make you watch what I can do to your citizens and your kingdom." Bowser states, leaving her with no good option regardless.

The princess stays silent, her eyes glancing back at you.

You shake your head, telling her without saying a word to not go with him.

She couldn't stand to see you like this, nor did she want to risk further disturbances. "Okay..." She starts. "I'll go with you, but please don't hurt anyone..." Peach smiles sadly. "Especially not (F/n)..." She closes her eyes and looks away.

"You have my word." Bowser displays, motioning towards the plank that leads to the airship.

Princess Peach sighs in defeat and walks toward it. 

Bowser walks behind her, following her. He orders Kamek to let you go, which the magician does quickly. 

You're brought down gently to the ground. 

Bowser halts and glances over his shoulder. Your defeated form in front of him should have made him smile, but it only brought a frown.

You're unable to see this as his cape covers the bottom half of his face. 

The man shifts his head back, and he gets on the airship. 

Everyone retreats from the scene and leaves like nothing happened. 

"Why, Bowser..." A tear splatters on the marble floor. "Why..?" You whisper, the tears escaping your eyes.

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')