[2] Do Tell

You tossed and turned almost the entire night leading up to the official day you were asked to be summoned to the princess's castle to discuss a current 'issue'. 

Why would Peach change her mind so abruptly? 

It's unlike her unless she has a trick up her sleeve...

I wouldn't be surprised.

You thought the whys repeatedly until you drifted into a deep slumber without realizing it.

Before your mind and body knew, the sun rose over the hills, signaling a new day in the kingdom. 

May this day turn out for the better...

You motivate yourself to climb out of bed with a positive attitude and got ready for what is to come. 

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

You adjust your hat and straighten yourself, ready to head to the castle. You take a deep breath and move in that direction. 

"Ah, (F/n). We've been expecting you." One out of two toad guards posted outside the main entrance comments. 

"Yes..." You reply. 

The two lower their spears and step aside, opening the doors and letting you in. Before they close, the other guard says, "You know where to go from here. Good luck." The sound of the heavy doors shut creates a loud echo that bounces off the walls.

Good luck?

What does that mean?

You gulp, starting to worry about what this ordeal will bring. Gripping the sides of your dress, you feel your palms sweat. 

Great, I'm nervous now...

Another two guards see you approach and let you inside the throne room. Closing the doors meant you and Princess Peach were left alone to talk in private. 

Peach sat on her throne, standing up after seeing you. "(F/n)..." She spoke, walking to you. 

You smile along with a wave. "What is it you want to discuss?" You ask without much effort. 

Her beautiful blue gems for eyes became glassy, tears forming in them. 

It through you in for a loop. 

"First, I want to apologize again for the other day." Peach reaches for your hands and grasps them. "It was certainly no way to treat a friend like you." 

You nod, and your smile turns genuine. "It's okay. After I got home, I realized you meant no harm." You sigh. "But that doesn't mean your words didn't sting..." 

Peach returns the gesture. "I'm glad, and that's why I summoned you here today." The girl gave your hands a light shake, then let go, walking to the center of the room. The digital map pulls up, but it only displays Bowser's territory instead of the entire world. 

"The Dark Lands..." You say under your breath. 

Peach watches your behavior shift as you gaze over the holograph. The girl sighs. "If you'll hear me out this time, the goal is everyone will come out victorious. Inlcuding the Koopa King..." 

You glance up. "What is it?" You ask as curiosity creeps in. 

Peach folds her arms. "I'll only tell you under one condition." She points at you. "You give me your reasoning on when and how of your feelings towards Bowser." 

You flinch out at her words. 

You never went beyond telling little to no one that you have a crush on the man because no one wants to hear anymore after that huge confession. 

Who would? 

Everyone fears Bowser, but not you. 

At least, not anymore... 

You groan playfully, surprising Peach. "Before I proceed, are you sure you want to know? I may not be able to shut up once I start." You warn, making the princess chuckle. "I trust me; I got time," Peach replies. "I'll see if your tell will determine if the destined plan I have for you is meant to be and or for the greater good. So, use your words wisely." 

You take a deep breath to get in the right feel for your story. 

"Remember when I went on an exploration trip across several lands almost a year ago?" You ask; Peach nods in response. "Well... it happened during that..." 

Peach's eyes widened. "You didn't do anything inappropriate, did you?!" She suddenly burst out.

 This was your first time witnessing such an expressive emotion come from her.

"No, of course not!" You're quick to retort. 

Peach sighs in relief. "Okay, I don't doubt it. I just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case." She giggles, making you shake your head. 

"Anyhow, it was an eye-opening experience, to say the least." You took off your hat. "It's something I'll never forget, nor would I trade it for anything..." 

The princess listens patiently. 

"It occurred in the fire flower fields..." 

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('。• ᵕ •。')